AW/FE by Web

AWBW/FEBW Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

AWBW Global League Maps

Discussion about AWBW Leagues goes here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Re: AWBW Global League Maps

Postby Felix45 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:25 am

I also thought it might be a good idea to talk about max and what tier he should be in. On a lot of maps you can easily get away with tank spam, making the best CO choice max. Especially when there are towers max is good, because he can OHKO infantry on roads with his tanks d2d. I think on certain maps (especially maps with comm towers) he should be considered for high tier. Not all maps, but some. At least I want to see what others think about this.
[23:09] <Gabo> hey guys, i have a question
[23:09] <Gabo> is it possible to transfer games from one account toanother on steam?
[23:09] <felix45> fire away lotion master
[23:10] <felix45> ROFL
[23:10] <Gabo> =_=
[23:10] <felix45> sorry I cant let that go :P
[23:10] <felix45> oh and I dont think so gabo
[23:10] <Gabo> the worst part is that i do like lotions <_<
Felix45
CO
CO

Postby Divva » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:17 am

I think Max(especially with 1t) can be hardly countered in mid tier on at least half of league maps, as now we don't play maps with lots of chokepoints any more.
Scorpion Operation

even on this one, he is not too bad, as it is air heavy. Olaf is the only one who can deal with him in most situations with his SCOP can counter Max's efficiently, but they are just even because Olaf has a bland d2d. Maybe top tier players can use Andy to beat Max on some maps, but I think the co tier shouldn't serve for the top players only. as I have witnessed a lot of game between moderate players in leagues, max can be considered HIGH TIER. As a lot of games proved, he can even beat Sasha(xiaoniao won Kamuscha, walker won Kamuscha).
Divva
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Walker » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:56 am

There are a lot of league map and CO tier changes that are waiting to be made. We are working on this, please just be patient as this is a busy season for a lot of people and there's not much time available for us to commit to working on it. It is being looked at though.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Felix45 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:35 pm

Sure, no problem! Can you post what the proposed changes are and to which maps?
[23:09] <Gabo> is it possible to transfer games from one account toanother on steam?
Felix45
CO
CO

Postby Walker » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:13 pm

Well a lot of it hasn't been done yet, as we have to go through map by map. I can tell you the map changes that we're planning on making, and I'll keep you updated when we know the specific CO tier changes for each map. In general though, Sasha and Max will be banned more and Kindle and Sami will be banned less.

Maps to Remove:

A Questionable Strategy
Break Out!!
Hypnotize
Renewal
Shoal Atoll

Maps to Add:

Afternoon Tea

Elstar

Iconic

Aphotic Arena

There are also a few other maps that we'll take a look at after edits have been made, and a couple others on the bubble to be removed.
Last edited by Walker on Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby marxistplot » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:52 pm

Glad "Questionable Strategy" is out of the pool, i cant stand maps that have no by land attack routes, water is fine but I hate when I MUST build boats..
i want to choose to build them. :P

Not that it was poorly made, just not my flavor... :mrgreen:

I love all the new maps too, this is great.
marxistplot
Recon
Recon

Postby marxistplot » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:11 pm

Hey walker about that "Iconic" map.

First of all, I'm guessing it's a Weedaula.

Second I'm pretty sure Gray Sky goes before Amber Blaze, and in a test game with headphone made gray sky did indeed go first, so, uhh, you might wanna move the fta counter to the other side before adding it to the league ;)
marxistplot
Recon
Recon

Postby ichbinsehselber » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:23 pm

Correct, grey sky goes as number 6 and amber blaze as number 8 (compare here http://awbw.amarriner.com/countries.php)
ichbinsehselber
Tank
Tank

Postby Walker » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:21 pm

Haha thanks marxistplot. Originally I had it as YC vs. GS, and I switched it to GS vs. AB a few weeks ago. Forgot to reset the FTA counter when I did it, good catch. :)
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Walker » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:11 am

League maps and settings have been updated!

Maps Removed
A Questionable Strategy
Aerial Aced
Break Out!!
Hypnotize
Renewal
Shoal Atoll

Almost every setting for every map has also been modified. These changes were made on a map by map basis, but in general...

- Sasha moved from high tier to top tier
- Kindle moved from high tier to mid tier on less property-dense maps
- Max moved from mid tier to high tier on more open maps
- Sami moved from top tier to high tier on larger maps

The first post has been updated and is entirely accurate for what maps and settings are in the league right now. We will also be including the 4 maps under "Pending Addition" as soon as we finish creating the settings for them. I will make sure to let you all know when those new maps are added.

Comments, complaints, questions, (compliments?) are always appreciated! And if you know a map that you think is league-worthy, feel free to suggest it. Hope you all enjoy the changes. :)
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby marxistplot » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:36 am

Thank god for the Sasha move, she can hold her own just fine in the land of 10 bar co gauges anyway.

Sami in "high tier" should be fun, alittle dangerous maybe but if it blows up you can always just move her back.

Her weak tanks should be noticeable enough in high their that on larger maps it'll be a big enough of a disadvantage.

A funny thing, on maps with no comm tower, eagles b-copters have a chance to barley survive samis anti-air attacks, and his bombers hold up shockingly well, it'll be interesting to see how often that comes into play..
marxistplot
Recon
Recon

Postby Felix45 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:26 am

woohoo! Thank youuuu!

now I don't have to be worried about boring sasha games anymore! Honestly, sasha is probably the most boring CO that is good. At least now if you can pick sasha, you can also pick VB :D

The other updates are good too, but this one is my favorite.
Felix45
CO
CO

Postby marxistplot » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:59 pm

Sasha had no business in high, honestly i think she has the advantage on VB and Sturm, considering you'll never see their respective "i win the game now" nukes. And that slow steady vehicle advantage is just so incredibly powerful, certainly longer games favor her.

Thank you soo much for moving her, wonderful, i love you all, this is a glorious day for mankind :D
marxistplot
Recon
Recon

Postby Hellraider » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:31 pm

Sasha loses efficiency in longer games once there are so many units on the field that additional vehicles can't participate in the fight properly anymore, and having boosted units is a lot stronger. In realistic scenarios, 11 100/100 tanks will lose to 10 110/110 tanks for example. She'll probably see some use in top tier (and we can make more top tier settings) on bigger maps, but not too much. More interesting will be seeing what Eagle does to high tier now that Sasha is out of the equation. I certainly hope he does not dominate.
Hellraider
Rocket
Rocket

Postby marxistplot » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:39 pm

I really disagree about Sasha, 11 tanks have better map control then 10 10% stronger ones, add in the fact that her units occasionally become as tough as VBs and that he's got basically no cop at all and I'm honestly worried for that old bastard.

Text matches are useless though, so we'll see what actually happens in the league.

I think you're right to worry about eagle, now that he can actually use the best Scop in the game he'll be completely different, hopefully Sami will help.
Last edited by marxistplot on Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
marxistplot
Recon
Recon

PreviousNext

Return to AWBW Leagues