AW/FE by Web

AWBW/FEBW Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

2 matches in the same league against the same person?

Discussion about AWBW Leagues goes here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

2 matches in the same league against the same person?

Postby Small Geezer » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:47 am

Small Geezer
Infantry
Infantry

Postby Im_Pro_You_Blow » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:23 pm

It's the new DS league.

http://awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=133711 is the secondary battle.

edit: Actually, I think every league is doing this for me now. I kind of like this bug though.
Im_Pro_You_Blow
Infantry
Infantry

DOUBLE TROUBLE

Postby blanci1 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:43 pm

previouly i liked this bug of getting 2 games beginning one league a they were different maps and opponents, but now i got 2 identical maps againt againt one person .... and also , we got 2 COs each ?

Is this like a tag game !?
(its not supposed to be tags in fog league ?... BUT Anyway if the games are playable i m not going to complain )

Any one else still getting these weird game set-ups?
blanci1
Artillery
Artillery

Re: 2 matches in the same league against the same person?

Postby Walker » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:24 am

Yep they've been happening to a lot of people. Almost every L8 game i've had lately has been like that... I notified a mod but who knows when it'll get taken care of haha.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

OH NO ... broke game

Postby blanci1 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:18 am

well actually the game im in has no factory nor HQ for me ... impossible to start or lose ...broken.
I think this bug needs fixing. Which mod(?) can fix this anyway?
I m gonna post a bug report.
blanci1
Artillery
Artillery

Postby Walker » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:41 am

Um I know Smacky can fix it, although he hasn't been around much lately. I usually just let Glen know in the IRC, I'm not even sure how often the mods check the forum...
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby blanci1 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:40 pm

for now ive got a fix it idea, that im gonna put to janusmarine my opponent ----

We can make a private game with same map and same conditions... meanwhile we stall and end turns on the broke version. When the private game finishes, the result can be set into the broke game.

I dont fancy taking a draw for a few reasons: it would ruin my stats; also it is high time I faced Janumarine who is evidently a very experienced and skilled opponent, and if i dont play him now it will probably be year before the fog league matches us again ... and theres no time like the present ... look how hellraider has suddenly gone, things change.

Thankyou to walker for your reply. My windows millenium and acer travelmate wont let me near irc !... if you could mention it to glen that would be great... i hope awbw will be maintained into the infinite future, ....i m a bit worried the admin/mod might be very busy with real life stuff, and maybe little by little there wont be time to attend to awbw, particularly if the place seems quiet with not much going on, but this could be a chicken and egg situation......I have an IT friend who could probly help out ... though he moved to NewZealand :( ... but still.
blanci1
Artillery
Artillery

Postby blanci1 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:29 am

blanci1 wrote:for now ive got a fix it idea, that im gonna put to janusmarine my opponent ----

We can make a private game with same map and same conditions... meanwhile we stall and end turns on the broke version. When the private game finishes, the result can be set into the broke game.

if i dont play him now it will probably be year before the fog league matches us again ... and theres no time like the present ... look how hellraider has suddenly gone, things change.

WARNING ...This may not work .... our game has finished, i won on our "recreation", and so janumarine has kindly resigned on the broken version ... however now i am left high and dry playing with myself or should i say against myself ... me as olaf versus myself as max !

Dont know if to resign or draw! Pity... it will mess my stats either way i guess.
Let hope this bug doesnt come back.
blanci1
Artillery
Artillery

Return to AWBW Leagues