AW/FE by Web

AWBW/FEBW Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Banning people from leagues

Discussion about AWBW Leagues goes here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Banning people from leagues

Postby Walker » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:19 pm

Link

Gwenjemaelle needs to be banned from the speed league (L2). I had a game against them a few weeks ago and they got booted from the game on day 1, despite the fact that they were still active on the site playing other games at the time. Recently I noticed that gwenjemaelle has rejoined the league. So i looked at their league profile and saw that they did the exact same thing to two other people, getting booted on day 1 and then rejoining the league a couple days later.

Another link

They also got booted from a league 4 (no co powers) game against me around the same time. And it appears they got booted from one other game, although they played a couple in between for the league.

They've also been booted or have resigned on day 1 in their last 3 games in the AW1 league. The only reason i noticed any of this is because I have a game against them now in this league. And i would be very surprised if i get the chance to take a turn before i win by default.

a donuts league boot

an official awbw league boot

Et cetera et cetera...

This is absolutely ridiculous, and they need to be banned from the speed league, no co powers league, and AW1 league, and I think from every league. Whoever is in charge of the leagues, please take some sort of action. Thanks.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby airob » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:27 am

they? :?

anyway, i remember that harti said something about this gwenjemaelle dood and his league tendencies, i really don´t know if anyone with admin powers will take the time to do the job, but the more he resigns the more you win don´t you?

walkerboh on PM: Also it isn't a tag game either. Were you
drunk when you made this? haha

<@FCK> I just used scissors on some ass till they bled had just now
<@FCK> *hard

<Fanboy> doood
<airob> ?
<Fanboy> r u trying to seduce me O_O

<Walker> at least fdk only fucks with me

<Mr--Clean> well theres a new country
<Mr--Clean> called bare flesh
<Walker> Sounds hot. The HQ is probably a dick
airob
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Walker » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:35 am

I don't know if it's a he or she :wink:

And yeah, he/she's been complained about for stalling and stuff like that, but being booted intentionally and then rejoining multiple times goes beyond that in my book. And yes, you win the game automatically, but i don't care about that. I'm not on this site so i can get games where i win by forfeit. I want to actually play the game and also get better. I don't care about the win-loss record or my rating or anything, I want to play the game. And if i did care about that sort of stuff, it doesn't boost your rating anyways to win by boot. In my book, he/she is just wasting people's time and blatantly not even trying to participate in the leagues properly, and to me that deserves being banned from them.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Harti » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:46 am

We should definitely get rid of that f**. I'd do ANYTHING to have him being banned!
The IRC wrote:[23:17] <Glenstorm> I'm just a jerk
[23:17] <Glenstorm> why do you listen to me
[00:39] <Smacky> I think loli should be illegal
[00:39] <Smacky> and star craft
[21:22] <airob> i´ll brb in some minutes...i´m doing some pies
[21:22] <airob> :P
Harti
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Hellraider » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:10 pm

Is it even possible to ban people from the leagues?
Hellraider
Rocket
Rocket

Postby Harti » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:15 pm

Code: Select all
if ($username == "gwenjemaelle") echo "Go f*** yourself";
elseif ($username == "Glenstorm") echo "Stop stalling";
else function redirect("http://awbw.amarriner.com/league.php");
?>
The IRC wrote:[23:17] <Glenstorm> I'm just a jerk
[23:17] <Glenstorm> why do you listen to me
[00:39] <Smacky> I think loli should be illegal
[00:39] <Smacky> and star craft
[21:22] <airob> i´ll brb in some minutes...i´m doing some pies
[21:22] <airob> :P
Harti
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Cassowary » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:28 pm

I don't see him breaking any rules - he's just playing the game to its full potential.
"The rationalizations for greed is endless. These folks also tend to project their own greed on anybody they want to exploit. It's a "rip them off before they rip me off" consciousness."
Cassowary
Recon
Recon

Postby Walker » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:03 pm

Hellraider wrote:Is it even possible to ban people from the leagues?

I remember reading in some thread (couldn't find it again, otherwise i'd link) how people in the leagues who get booted are removed automatically from the league, and amarriner can ban them from the leagues. I don't know if one of the other admins has the power though, since he isn't really around anymore... For that matter there aren't really any admins around any more, but hopefully if someone is and has the power they can take care of it. I'm not really sure who to pm about it, or i wouldn't have bothered making the thread.

Cassowary wrote:I don't see him breaking any rules - he's just playing the game to its full potential.

:lol:
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Glenstorm » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:42 pm

walkerboh01 wrote:For that matter there aren't really any admins around any more, but hopefully if someone is and has the power they can take care of it.

Yeah those guys are real jerks, I say we march on their homes and MAKE them do something!
Glenstorm
CO
CO

DoR Friend Code: 081728 - 768873

Postby The Shifting Shadows » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:40 pm

walkerboh01 wrote:I remember reading in some thread (couldn't find it again, otherwise i'd link) how people in the leagues who get booted are removed automatically from the league, and amarriner can ban them from the leagues. I don't know if one of the other admins has the power though, since he isn't really around anymore... For that matter there aren't really any admins around any more, but hopefully if someone is and has the power they can take care of it. I'm not really sure who to pm about it, or i wouldn't have bothered making the thread.
:lol:

Ya its true. Take it from me being kick from I think it was the speed or AW1 league or both due to inactivity. Then again I had been inactive for over a year so I did deserve it although I havent tried to go back in yet. Hmm...
Yes I'm Back. (7-3-10)
And I brought my little friend. XD
The Shifting Shadows
Infantry
Infantry

Return to AWBW Leagues