AW/FE by Web

AWBW/FEBW Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Speed League going to be reset

Discussion about AWBW Leagues goes here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Postby rast » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:42 pm

Because the speed league is screwed up and lots of people aren't getting new games.

How about this: Speed League Two. Same rules as current speed league, possibly new maps.
rast
Artillery
Artillery

Postby mrapex » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:02 pm

Tyrael wrote:Shut up, everyone's against it, why bump??

I think that some people can deal with new scores so the others can play

>.>

amarriner wrote:I'm always here. I come every day, but don't always post ... don't worry I'm not going anywhere.
mrapex
Md. Tank
Md. Tank

Postby Tyrael » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:52 pm

Huh? And sorry that that sounded mean.
Ultra Storm wrote:Winking is futile.
Tyrael
Fighter
Fighter

RESETTING THE PROBLEM

Postby blanci1 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:12 pm

Just resetting the league wont fix it for long, it ll soon end up the same mess. Something fundamental needs changing. Who would seriously propose to put Gary Kasparov and my sister into the same chess league .... its evidently potty.

OK a few good players may get off on beating up on newbies for a while but everyone soon gets bored of that and then you end up with everyone leaving again.
Human nature is very perverse. Put a bunch of kids in a free sweet shop and they ll be very happy gobbling away until everyone starts throwing up. :lol:
OK those kids will learn , but then AW has a never ending stream of newbs who need some guidance on how to use awbw and they shouldnt be allowed to just run around willy-nilly messing every nook and cranny
--its a matter of balance and sense, im not suggesting anything extreme.
blanci1
Artillery
Artillery

Postby Tyrael » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:55 pm

I see zero noobs in the forum messing up our tournaments, our ladder, and our girls-only league. Dropping pub games isn't exactly "running around willy-nilly messing up every nook and cranny". And the people who play leagues can just accept the droppers or make thier own as has already been done. Problem solved, minimal effort, nothing more needs fixing.
Tyrael
Fighter
Fighter

Postby blanci1 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:20 pm

if theres nothing to fix then why reset it ?
And i am suggesting to make another league? but i dont want to own it, thats why i am asking in forum what kind of leagues people really want to play in. I see tyrael you are not currently in any league. Do you think if we improved them, you might like to return.
blanci1
Artillery
Artillery

Postby Ratatoskr » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:33 pm

blanci1 wrote:if theres nothing to fix then why reset it ?

Snack wrote:With this we will also be fixing the map selection and other problems as well.

mrapex wrote:well all i know is that I am in that leauge and i cant even play it (see my bug report post). a reset will be welcome.

Bugs, maybe lol? You have your own thread for your case, stop Tyrael-baiting in this one.

Also, this (?) is a question mark. This (.) is a period. <_<
Back for a while maybe.
Ratatoskr
B-Copter
B-Copter

Postby blanci1 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:52 pm

baiting..??.. debateing !! i just want to improve the leagues. Also i see you are posting here as well as in the other:). I am hoping to get discussion on the main points of my post rather than nit-picking

blanci1 wrote:Just resetting the league wont fix it for long, it ll soon end up the same mess. Something fundamental needs changing.

Who would seriously propose to put Gary Kasparov and my sister into the same chess league .... its evidently potty.

please debate.
......... and i would particularly like to hear from users who actually play in the leagues and have some real and practical interest in the matter.
blanci1
Artillery
Artillery

Postby DuelStriker » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:35 pm

The problem with the speed league is that when the map Octopod was in the league, league games began to appear on the public games list, and others would join, but the league game creation script couldn't start the games because the incorrect players were in the games. Now, users who were supposed to have league games on that map can't play any more games because those games never started.
READ the Grand Battle #2 today! You know you want to read it!
--
JOIN SKIES OF ARCADIA MAFIA ALREADY DAMMIT
---
22:38 airob: a f** would be anyone who calls me mexican
DuelStriker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Tyrael » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:53 pm

I have over 50 completed league games, and the only reason I'm not in them now is I don't have the time for more than a few games at a time, and the various forum-based games I'm in are plenty. I like the leagues just fine.

Now obviously we need to take drastic measures to fix 5 player games because I know of at least two people who have never even played in one!! :shock:

@DS: Did anyone try quitting and rejoining the league?
Tyrael
Fighter
Fighter

Postby mrapex » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:00 am

Tyrael wrote:I have over 50 completed league games, and the only reason I'm not in them now is I don't have the time for more than a few games at a time, and the various forum-based games I'm in are plenty. I like the leagues just fine.

Now obviously we need to take drastic measures to fix 5 player games because I know of at least two people who have never even played in one!! :shock:

@DS: Did anyone try quitting and rejoining the league?

http://www.amarriner.com/awbw_forum/vie ... hp?t=10437

amarriner wrote:I'm always here. I come every day, but don't always post ... don't worry I'm not going anywhere.
mrapex
Md. Tank
Md. Tank

Postby benbever » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:47 am

Don't reset the league, it's running fine. Just fix it so the people who can't play now because of a bug can play again, if possible.

Rather than resetting, just adding another speed league is also an option. People who can't play in L2 can join that. It could even be better, without all snow and dumb things like that.
benbever
CO
CO

Postby DuelStriker » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:44 pm

Snack's first post wrote:Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:45 am

...is the reset still going to happen?
READ the Grand Battle #2 today! You know you want to read it!
--
JOIN SKIES OF ARCADIA MAFIA ALREADY DAMMIT
---
22:38 airob: a f** would be anyone who calls me mexican
DuelStriker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby rast » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:50 pm

Probably not...

Speed league is still screwed for me on my original account.
rast
Artillery
Artillery

Postby mrapex » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:59 pm

benbever wrote:Don't reset the league, it's running fine. Just fix it so the people who can't play now because of a bug can play again, if possible.

Rather than resetting, just adding another speed league is also an option. People who can't play in L2 can join that. It could even be better, without all snow and dumb things like that.

... if this doesn't happen reset plz

mrapex
Md. Tank
Md. Tank

Previous

Return to AWBW Leagues