AW/FE by Web

AWBW/FEBW Forum
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The "Oh wow I got a GREAT CO and I'm against someone

Discussion about AWBW Leagues goes here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Postby SmackCakes » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:23 pm

Hellraider wrote:Then, which "pr0" games have you seen on it? Its only naturaly to fight for the middle if there are the properties.


The key to winning any game is identifying the properties which are easiest to take, then when you take them you have a fund advantage which allows you to take the more difficult contested properties.

On Omega Hills the easiest properties to take are at the sides, the middle is hard to take because it's easy to defend. throwing units at the middle is pretty pointless because it's too expensive to advance there before you win the sides, and more likely to backfire on you.

I think that's why a lot of people dislike the map, because they win in the middle but at too great a cost, which results in them losing the game.

I don't know that BM does have an advantage and even if they do, OS can just punish them for their efforts in the middle while they take the sides and then take the middle with a fund advantage.
ImageImage
User avatar
SmackCakes
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4292
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:32 am
Location: one step beyond

Postby Felix45 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:30 pm

I disagree smacky, just because it takes more funds to take doesn't mean you shouldnt focus on it. because if you dont, your enemy will and then they get an easy funds advantage while you still have to put up a fight on the sides because you opted to not focus on the middle.

granted in harti's game I still would expect more than artillery spam with no meatshields, even if it is rain. thus my original comment :P

generally when I play that map I try to make 1 artillery/tank go for an outside city on each side, and add to it depending on what the oppopnent sends to try to keep the city. my main focus on the central cities because they are the easiest to lose.
[23:09] <Gabo> hey guys, i have a question
[23:09] <Gabo> is it possible to transfer games from one account toanother on steam?
[23:09] <felix45> fire away lotion master
[23:10] <felix45> ROFL
[23:10] <Gabo> =_=
[23:10] <felix45> sorry I cant let that go :P
[23:10] <felix45> oh and I dont think so gabo
[23:10] <Gabo> the worst part is that i do like lotions <_<
User avatar
Felix45
CO
CO
 
Posts: 6293
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 4:23 pm
Location: AW:DoR - 021599 158374

Postby SmackCakes » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:45 pm

Felix45 wrote:I disagree smacky, just because it takes more funds to take doesn't mean you shouldnt focus on it.


When did I say to ignore the middle? By all means you should take the middle cities if there is an oppertunity, but otherwise it's easy to just defend it with indirects and stop your opponent ever getting it, the harder they try the more they will just lose unit after unit. While you can put your funds to better use, holding the middle while you takes the sides.

If your opponent then moves units to defend the sides that allows you to put more pressure on the middle. this is the same with any game, you have to find the weak spot and apply pressure there forcing your opponent to spread out more and more. The person who does this best is the winner.

Most games I see on Omega Hills though, involve both sides sending units into a big meat grind in the middle and virtually ignoring the sides.
ImageImage
User avatar
SmackCakes
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4292
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:32 am
Location: one step beyond

Postby Dhomochevsky » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:18 am

Omega Hills has 3 largely separate fronts (although partly connected), which means you have to divide your funds/attention between the fronts, which requires you to think a bit more than on other maps where all units that get built just head towards one or two main fronts.

So naturally people hate it as they have to think a bit more :roll: :)
benbever wrote:Financial crisis on awbw: everybody goes on vacation.
User avatar
Dhomochevsky
Fighter
Fighter
 
Posts: 1430
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:16 am
Location: Kamuscha

Postby Haku » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 am

You like to think more? Unban black bombs!
Ultra Storm wrote:The more useful the item is, the more useless it is.
User avatar
Haku
Md. Tank
Md. Tank
 
Posts: 1215
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 2:13 pm

Postby Harti » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:55 am

Haku wrote:You like to think more? Unban black bombs!

there are no airports on this map
Image
The IRC wrote:[23:17] <Glenstorm> I'm just a jerk
[23:17] <Glenstorm> why do you listen to me
____________________________
[00:39] <Smacky> I think loli should be illegal
[00:39] <Smacky> and star craft
____________________________
[21:22] <airob> i´ll brb in some minutes...i´m doing some pies
[21:22] <airob> :P
User avatar
Harti
Map Committee
Map Committee
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 4:31 pm
Location: Germany

Postby psycho guy » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:08 pm

User avatar
psycho guy
CO
CO
 
Posts: 2586
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:23 pm

Postby mrapex » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:11 pm

psycho guy wrote:http://awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=90872

1 meteor strike and i win


5$ says you loose



anyways the key with max is to make it a tank spam game

http://awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=89888
Image

amarriner wrote:I'm always here. I come every day, but don't always post ... don't worry I'm not going anywhere.
User avatar
mrapex
Md. Tank
Md. Tank
 
Posts: 1240
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 11:44 am

Postby EchelonThree » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:36 am

psycho guy wrote:http://awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=90872

1 meteor strike and i win


Not too sure about that, it'll be an infantry game and the 6 star COP will take ages to charge
Kamuscha wrote:
nerd-boy wrote:Damn straight.
how is it straight if its been derailed? xD


Zovea on Rocket Armor
Zovea wrote:rocket armor isnt that much stronger than art armor anyways
User avatar
EchelonThree
Rocket
Rocket
 
Posts: 1528
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:29 am
Location: Singapore

Postby psycho guy » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:17 am

EchelonThree wrote:
psycho guy wrote:http://awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=90872

1 meteor strike and i win


Not too sure about that, it'll be an infantry game and the 6 star COP will take ages to charge
you suck on that map

lurn2ply
User avatar
psycho guy
CO
CO
 
Posts: 2586
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:23 pm

Postby Dhomochevsky » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:24 pm

psycho guy repeatedly wrote:lurn2ply


zzzzzzz
benbever wrote:Financial crisis on awbw: everybody goes on vacation.
User avatar
Dhomochevsky
Fighter
Fighter
 
Posts: 1430
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:16 am
Location: Kamuscha

Postby DuelStriker » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:44 am

READ the Grand Battle #2 today! You know you want to read it!
--
JOIN SKIES OF ARCADIA MAFIA ALREADY DAMMIT
---
22:38 airob: a f** would be anyone who calls me mexican
User avatar
DuelStriker
Map Committee
Map Committee
 
Posts: 1566
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:31 am
Location: Endless world of waterfalls

Postby funwes » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:45 pm

Code: Select all
Mr--Clean> that moment when you put something in your mouth and you have NO idea what it is and spit it out


Code: Select all
Walker> i was innocent once
Walker> then loli came along
User avatar
funwes
CO
CO
 
Posts: 3817
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:12 pm
Location: Georgia

Postby EchelonThree » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:25 pm

Kamuscha wrote:
nerd-boy wrote:Damn straight.
how is it straight if its been derailed? xD


Zovea on Rocket Armor
Zovea wrote:rocket armor isnt that much stronger than art armor anyways
User avatar
EchelonThree
Rocket
Rocket
 
Posts: 1528
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:29 am
Location: Singapore

Postby rast » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:06 am

EchelonThree wrote:lolol


Well you would have won anyway against that noob.
User avatar
rast
Artillery
Artillery
 
Posts: 746
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:32 pm

PreviousNext

Return to AWBW Leagues

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group