AW/FE by Web

AWBW/FEBW Forum
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Tag League?

Discussion about AWBW Leagues goes here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Postby Manga » Wed May 14, 2008 3:56 am

EchelonThree wrote:
maq wrote:
DuelStriker wrote:
psycho guy wrote:
maq wrote:
psycho guy wrote:http://awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=82120

wot

the 2 prop cos

i get rain though lol

:D You've got a few options there, I expect a bit of tagging going on.
wot

I'm just gonna use sasha and get lotsa cash and kill you

lrn2marketcrash lol

"Planes 'n Tanks"? Pfft, I didn't use one tank or plane. 8)

I was a bit surprised at the lack of market crashing going on.... I'm even shocked that Sami was allowed to build up to SCOP with sasha on the other side.

Well, Market Crash isn't invincible. As the battle goes on, more and more units aren't going to be damaged and destroyed while if Market Crash is being used constantly and Sami has hardly used her powers at all, chances are that eventually she's going to inflict enough damage to get her SCOP and/or Sasha would may not have enough funds to deplete Sami's SCOP.

Anyway, it happend to someone playing as Von Bolt once. I was Andy though. I managed to do enough damage to let Von Bolt SCOP twice in a row.
Yo.
Manga
Anti-Air
Anti-Air

Postby EchelonThree » Wed May 14, 2008 4:08 am

Manga wrote:Well, Market Crash isn't invincible. As the battle goes on, more and more units aren't going to be damaged and destroyed while if Market Crash is being used constantly and Sami has hardly used her powers at all, chances are that eventually she's going to inflict enough damage to get her SCOP and/or Sasha would may not have enough funds to deplete Sami's SCOP.

Anyway, it happend to someone playing as Von Bolt once. I was Andy though. I managed to do enough damage to let Von Bolt SCOP twice in a row.

It's not invincible, but I'm surprised that it wasn't used even ONCE in the game.

If he could use Drake's SCOP, then Sasha may have delayed the VM by crashing.
EchelonThree
Rocket
Rocket

Postby benbever » Wed May 14, 2008 12:04 pm

http://awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=82112
Just my luck, someone who joins the league, only to go on vacation the very next day.
benbever
CO
CO

Postby Manga » Thu May 15, 2008 7:36 pm

EchelonThree wrote:
Manga wrote:Well, Market Crash isn't invincible. As the battle goes on, more and more units aren't going to be damaged and destroyed while if Market Crash is being used constantly and Sami has hardly used her powers at all, chances are that eventually she's going to inflict enough damage to get her SCOP and/or Sasha would may not have enough funds to deplete Sami's SCOP.

It's not invincible, but I'm surprised that it wasn't used even ONCE in the game.

*spits out Coke.* What!!??
Yo.
Manga
Anti-Air
Anti-Air

Postby EchelonThree » Fri May 16, 2008 10:52 am

Manga wrote:
EchelonThree wrote:

*spits out Coke.* What!!??

Simply put, if he had enough charge to get Drake's SCOP, why didn't he use Sasha to market crash sami's VM?
EchelonThree
Rocket
Rocket

Postby Dhomochevsky » Fri May 16, 2008 12:23 pm

er, i think Manga knew that, he was expressing surprise... :roll:
benbever wrote:Financial crisis on awbw: everybody goes on vacation.
Dhomochevsky
Fighter
Fighter

Postby Dhomochevsky » Wed May 21, 2008 12:02 pm

*rejoins tag league just as Smacky and Kam end their game... bring it on!!
benbever wrote:Financial crisis on awbw: everybody goes on vacation.
Dhomochevsky
Fighter
Fighter

Postby Manga » Fri May 30, 2008 5:34 am

Gah, this is annoying. I hate the map, "Strategos" with a passion, I've had only three games in this league, and every one of them has placed me on the map Strategos....

Is that normal?
Yo.
Manga
Anti-Air
Anti-Air

Postby benbever » Fri May 30, 2008 10:32 am

The chance that you get the same map three times in a row, with a limited map pool of 12 is 1/1*1/12*1/12=1/144.
I'd say it's normal at least one or a few person sometimes get the same map in a row, seeing the number of players and games.

http://awbw.amarriner.com/league_stats.php?leagues_id=5
Other people do not get that or other maps in a row. Some people haven't played on that specific map yet in four games.
I'd say you are just unlucky with playing on the same boring map in a row. Or that you are lucky with getting experience on a map and then getting it the next game again, to put that experience into practice against someone not experienced on that map.

Why exactly do you hate the map, apart from getting it in a row?
benbever
CO
CO

Postby Harti » Fri May 30, 2008 11:21 am

Maybe he and I got the same problem with this map - we lost all our respective games on it? ^^
The IRC wrote:[23:17] <Glenstorm> I'm just a jerk
[23:17] <Glenstorm> why do you listen to me
[00:39] <Smacky> I think loli should be illegal
[00:39] <Smacky> and star craft
[21:22] <airob> i´ll brb in some minutes...i´m doing some pies
[21:22] <airob> :P
Harti
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Manga » Fri May 30, 2008 11:29 am

Well, for one there's the fact I keep losing. :lol:

The second reason is, I'm not exactly sure what to do. The second player and I can get to the neutral base at the same time. However, that is at the cost of me capturing a city. This puts me behind fund wise by at least a day. If I decide to keep him with the second player fund-wise, he'll be able to capture his neutral base by Day 4 while I'll capture my neutral base by Day 6. Meaning he'll be able to produce one more unit then myself for at least two days.

The problem is, the second player doesn't have this problem. He can not only keep up but also has a slight advantage either way, has at least one day to produce more units, and will have at least one day more funds then I do.

Basically, I'm overreacting. I think my real problem is I'm being overagressive on the right side when the opponent can replace his units faster than I can replace or support mine.

So, there you have it. Blah. Losing and inexperience really. Otherwise, it's a pretty nice map.
Yo.
Manga
Anti-Air
Anti-Air

Postby benbever » Fri May 30, 2008 12:49 pm

I looked up your replays of the game :) seeing as how I made the map, the feedback is appreciated.

Capture the base as soon as possible, that's very important. You can catch up in funds, and 1000 less funds isn't a big deal for the starting player.
Then attacking on the front where you have two bases seems to be the best strategy, and setting up a defensive line on the front where you have one base. And later send a few spare units (infantry and maybe support) to the center, they can (harass) with capture, and you can use them on both fronts.

http://awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=83221
It looks like you gave up that game way too early. You have strong co's too. I was once in a situation like that on that map, and turned it around, by defending like crazy near the mountains where I had one base (mechs artillery), harassing the center and eventually winning the front where I had two bases.
benbever
CO
CO

Postby Manga » Fri May 30, 2008 5:54 pm

benbever wrote:I looked up your replays of the game :) seeing as how I made the map, the feedback is appreciated.

Capture the base as soon as possible, that's very important. You can catch up in funds, and 1000 less funds isn't a big deal for the starting player.
Then attacking on the front where you have two bases seems to be the best strategy, and setting up a defensive line on the front where you have one base. And later send a few spare units (infantry and maybe support) to the center, they can (harass) with capture, and you can use them on both fronts.

http://awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=83221
It looks like you gave up that game way too early. You have strong co's too. I was once in a situation like that on that map, and turned it around, by defending like crazy near the mountains where I had one base (mechs artillery), harassing the center and eventually winning the front where I had two bases.

True. I gave up too easily. However, I felt a bit reluctant to play that game. I don't usually play Kindle and Javier was basically bland without towers, though I suppose I could have used him as a shield against Market Crash.

I guess I did give up too early and easily. I just don't like losing ground. I'm a bit of a sore loser in that aspect. :oops:

Thank you for the advice.
Yo.
Manga
Anti-Air
Anti-Air

Postby srstarry » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:37 am

dont worry, ill get revenge against black kaito...

ho ho ho....

aww.....rats...
pic by: melon
srstarry
Tank
Tank

Postby MajeSan » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:59 pm

Is this where I would post to join the Tag League?
MajeSan
Infantry
Infantry

PreviousNext

Return to AWBW Leagues