AW/FE by Web

AWBW/FEBW Forum
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Weather Blimp

Talk about custom COs, units, classes, weapons or anything else.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Weather Blimp

Postby headphone » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:23 am

~~Weather Blimp~~
Cost--3000G
Fuel--99
Main Weapon--Weather Bomb
Does no damage, but sacrifices self to change the weather to any weather type, including clear, for a day (from its use to the end of your next turn.)
Movement--4
It would be unaffected by weather regardless of CO.
Vision--2
Movement Type--Air

Its defense would be about the same as a t-copter with a bit more damage coming from foot soldiers and tanks.
Its main purpose would be for adding weather to normal games, but it could also be a decent meat-shield for its price.
Mr Clean wrote:im curious as to why anybody would know what a gynacologist does off the top of their head
headphone
Map Committee
Map Committee

Re: Weather Blimp

Postby Mr--Clean » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:44 pm

OLAF SMASH
Mr--Clean
Artillery
Artillery

Postby Azzaphox » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:38 am

I am trying to work out in what situations apart form Olaf you can benfit from weather.
I suppose Sturm would also want to use this.
Is the intention that you trigger it at the end of your turn?
That way it slows your opponent but not you?
If so then at 3000 it is relatively cheap and something useful to build on an airfield which you might not otherwise be deploying from.
More Strategy, less Real Time
Azzaphox
Tank
Tank

Postby Abroxas » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:41 pm

I think these units might be more reasonable as predeployed, but otherwise banned units. So you get one free weather change for free (maybe for delaying the opponent's majoer offensive) and that's it.
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
Abroxas
Tank
Tank

Postby Walker » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:48 pm

Maybe if we had cooler weather options or if more COs could benefit from weather, it'd be worthwhile. But rain and snow wouldn't be useful in most situations for anything except stalling.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Felix45 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:43 pm

actually that could be extremely useful walker, makes artillery a whole lot better, and makes it so that enemy tanks/AA can't cover what they would have been able to, enabling an attack without an effective counter attack. No reason to use rain ever, you will always want to do snow at the end of your turn with this unit after you have attacked or set up in a forward position with artillery.

But the price is too low. Should cost something more like 30k, not just 3k. Buying a COP shouldn't be so cheap. At 3k you could even use it to disrupt opponent capture phase which is a bit ridiculous.
[23:09] <Gabo> hey guys, i have a question
[23:09] <Gabo> is it possible to transfer games from one account toanother on steam?
[23:09] <felix45> fire away lotion master
[23:10] <felix45> ROFL
[23:10] <Gabo> =_=
[23:10] <felix45> sorry I cant let that go :P
[23:10] <felix45> oh and I dont think so gabo
[23:10] <Gabo> the worst part is that i do like lotions <_<
Felix45
CO
CO

Postby Mr--Clean » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:04 am

GRIT SMASH

Would be an awesome counter to eagle scop though.
Mr--Clean
Artillery
Artillery

Postby Mori » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:35 pm

Don't mind the idea. Banned in competitive, used mostly as a predeployed for map hijinks. That's essentially how it would play out if it existed. As said before, should be more expensive.
Mori
Tank
Tank

Postby theether » Sat May 05, 2012 3:56 pm

I guess both players would build one and if the first uses the snow ability at the end of his turn the other would start his turn by clearing the weather back to normal.
if weather is put to random it might be useful sometimes, though
theether
Recon
Recon

Postby Kamuscha » Sun May 06, 2012 3:59 am

If rain and snow were the only options, then Olaf would often be picked as players can easily spare 3000 funds each turn making snow. This would force their opponents to spare 3000 themselves creating favorable weather conditions. It would only serve to delay battles as players keep on wasting money to set up on each other.

Some sort of limitation needs to be made so that this useful tactic cannot be exploited. I recommend that the cost be modified and include a day limit on the blimps.

I still love you! Tonight, your true love will realize they truly miss you. You will get a shock of a lifetime tomorrow. If you break the chain, you will be cursed with relationship problems for the next 2 years. Karma's a bitch, I know. If there is someone you love, and can't get them out of your mind, repost this paragraph as "I still Love you"
Kamuscha
CO
CO

Postby headphone » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:35 pm

Like a turn delay before it activates?
Mr Clean wrote:im curious as to why anybody would know what a gynacologist does off the top of their head
headphone
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby CO Raven » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:22 am

A turn delay is irrelevant because they'll just build every day and active every day. So the weather lock will just start a turn late. Rather, maybe something like increasing the cost to 5000 at least and then making it simply change the weather would be more balanced. So it'd be random instead of one that you decide. That turns it into a strong gamble rather than something that's easily abused by the weather users.
CO Raven
Anti-Air
Anti-Air

Return to Customization