AW/FE by Web

AWBW/FEBW Forum
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Three CO Concepts

Talk about custom COs, units, classes, weapons or anything else.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Postby DullPheonix » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:14 pm

Hmm, I would run a 2/6 meter with Roc, at most. Finally, wouldn't it be simpler to say he gets +15 defense per terrain star instead of the normal +10?

Part of the reason Kindle, and Urban Blight in particular, is such a potent threat is the fund drain due to the repair costs. It's not the most apparent feature, of course, but it does have its uses. Sabotage appears more long-term use, exchanging the fund drain for full damage. Just something to keep in mind. I'm not sure why you'd forego the default bonuses because, unlike Roc as an example, she doesn't tweak numbers extensively.
DullPheonix
Recon
Recon

Postby Trevorbfla » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:32 pm

With Laweur's powers cost so low, for their effects anyway, I decided to forgo a firepower bonus for her. Her two star power could be spammed right to hell and back, but at the same time the only bonus she gets is avoiding the enemy COP/SCOP. Her SCOP is intentionally more long term. While the 3hp damage is nice it only takes effect on bases. Additionally, the repair negation has little to no effect if there were no enemies on bases to begin with. (part of the reason it is so cheap) However this could be used to great effect if the enemy intentionally moves all units off of bases to avoid two turns of -3HP, but leave themselves open for capture starts.

Roc's d2d is exactly what you say and he has a +5 to his defense for each terrain star (on top of the +10 if that wasn't apparent, sorry). As for his SCOP I balanced it out between hard hitting damage boosters like Kanabei and intel buffs like Sonjia. I wanted him to be a match for lash with some flavorful variation thrown in like his wood penetrating sight. Made his COP cheap to give him some frequent fast moving hard hitting attacks, rather than Lash's rapid movement on it's own. (He still accounts for weather effects while moving)
Trevorbfla
Infantry
Infantry

Postby DullPheonix » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:55 pm

Oh, it only affects bases? It appears to be fairly weak then; I'd have it do 5 damage and allow repairs so there's a fund drain and reinforcements are weakened. Alternatively, you could have it affect all urban terrain, or the ground-based ones or whatever, for 3 damage with the repair ban. Keep in mind that AWBW settings use slow charge rates which are based on monetary value of units and halve the reward for going on the offensive. The unit structure of these settings is also as such that the cheaper units are more cost-effective, the expensive ones being regulated to niche roles if any. The CO Power appears weaker than Market Crash, if that's your concern.

Having said that, Lash isn't exactly top-tier in AWBW. She has her uses, her day to day is good but her Powers are slow, and if players have the option, they tyically go for Kindle. While you want to keep other COs in mind, try to avoid creating strict counterparts. As a point of reference, that's something I've done and it's very boring.
DullPheonix
Recon
Recon

Previous

Return to Customization