It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

- New Maps To Checkout -

Critique and discuss the design maps on AWBW

Moderator: Forum Mods

- New Maps To Checkout -

Postby _l_ KODAK _l_ » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:25 am

Hi guys,

I'm completely new to this community, but have been a long time fanatic of Advance Wars (got AW2 when it came out). I though I'd share a couple maps with you guys. I've played Occam's Razor on my SP, but not Arctic Circle because the map size is too big (they limit to 30x20 for the commercial rom). Anyways, let me know what you guys think.

Arctic Circle (meant to be played in snow): http://postimage.org/image/7i2iq3e85/

Occam's Razor: http://postimage.org/image/ia552ssff/

If there is a more appropriate way to post images let me know, I couldn't quiet figure out how to directly post the pictures.
_l_ KODAK _l_
Infantry
Infantry

Postby DullPheonix » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:41 am

Well, images can be posted using the [img] tag and the appropriate direct link, like so:

But most users just link to the map page on AWBW itself:
http://awbw.amarriner.com/prevmaps.php?maps_id=60804
DullPheonix
Recon
Recon

Re: - New Maps To Checkout -

Postby _l_ KODAK _l_ » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:07 pm

Thank you for the quick reply.

I would like the edit my original post to include picture of both maps, would this be possible (I see no 'edit' button).

Also, do you have any criticism for either map? I realized after creation that the FTA is probably unbalanced (as they are similarly deployed and equipped). I will most likely edit both maps to adjust for this.

Thanks again for the reply. :)
_l_ KODAK _l_
Infantry
Infantry

Postby Morgan_Leah » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:31 pm

There's actually a nice map-display function here on the forum (though I'm not sure if it's actually explained anywhere). You type [map=*map#here*]*display text(usually just the map title)here*[/map]

like so:

-- Occam's Razor --

If you quote the post you can see what it looks like.
Morgan_Leah
Tank
Tank

Postby _l_ KODAK _l_ » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:38 pm

Wow, I feel like such a burden, sorry guys, but how do I even quote someone else's post?

All the other forums I use have a different interface, so this is still extremely foreign to me.

Thanks again for all the support. I'm really excited this site exists, I was just talking to my friend the other day about how AW should have been an online game.

Here's another question:

How come some units from Days of Ruin have been implemented in this browser-based version, but not all units (flares, seaplanes, etc.) ?

And is there a search function when looking for maps? It took me quite a while to find both of mine from the list in order to set up matches (which went very smoothly from there on).

:)
_l_ KODAK _l_
Infantry
Infantry

Return to Design Maps