Critique and discuss the design maps on AWBW

Moderator: Forum Mods

Fxing the FTA

Postby waaaaaaah » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:21 am

So I made this 4p map: http://awbw.amarriner.com/prevmaps.php?maps_id=60710

And got this review:
lord_jamlo (03/07/2013 06:52pm):
Needs to address FTA.

Otherwise it's got some neat challenges. I think the plains areas will be mostly ignored
but we'll see how it plays... Javier will also do really well potentially with so many
available com towers

7/10

Anyone have any ideas on fixing the FTA?
waaaaaaah
Infantry
Infantry

Re: Fxing the FTA

Postby theether » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:13 am

to reduce the fta in funds you could make all those cities neutral. that way OS would have less of an advantage (3000 instead of 5000).

Apart from that you're fine if it's a team game with Orange Star and Yellow Comet vs Blue Moon and Green Earth, i think.

If it's meant to be free for all I'd suggest placing Orange Star and Blue Moon in opposite corners and giving Green Earth and Yellow Comet each an Infantry on one of their Factories.
This way GE and YE both have about half a turn made for them in advance. After OS and BM made their move they're half a round behind, so that would be the most fair.
OS still has a small advantage over BM, though. However, if those two are on opposing corners they'll meet in fight pretty late, minimizing the impact of fta.

These are of course only my suggestions. You might find a better way to remove fta when browsing this forum :)
theether
Recon
Recon

Re: Fxing the FTA

Postby waaaaaaah » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:49 am

Thanks, those ideas sound great! Yeah, it's supposed to be a free for all (I guess I'll make a team friendly map too :))
waaaaaaah
Infantry
Infantry

Return to Design Maps