AWBW/FEBW Forum
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Your thought of my new design fta counter

Critique and discuss the design maps on AWBW

Moderator: Forum Mods

Your thought of my new design fta counter

Postby blozzee » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:45 pm

I try to apply this counter on map that has 3rd natural base. What do you think about it

Double Dragoon
blozzee
Anti-Air
Anti-Air

Re: Your thought of my new design fta counter

Postby Walker » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:10 pm

I really doubt that this works out to be balanced, although I'd have to do quite a lot of analysis to say for sure, and here's why:

1) It's very hard to judge the value of a mech
2) You'll have to make sure that all possible vehicle builds for each side are relatively balanced.
3) You'll have to make sure that BM can't do anything sneaky to get an advantage with the extra early funding.
4) It's very hard to say just how much each base is worth in relation to the others. For example, the corner base is responsible for relatively few properties, while the central ones have more properties. It's hard to tell whether all of it balances out, and I think it's very unlikely it does.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby blozzee » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:42 pm

Central properties are the most contested portion of the map. If anyone try to capture properties there, pretty much they are calling the other force to get in the middle as well. The decisive battle will occur in the middle and usually happens during the end game. But before getting the middle, there's high probability player would prefer getting the corner properties first. This is where bboat comes in and BM will able to build it from the support of extra fund,though I don't think the extra fund is too much imo, it should allow BM to get Bboat which relatively at the same time where OS gets it. Without the extra fund, BM wouldn't have a chance getting bboat, while OS keeps harassing with troops. Overall, this is just my first analysis from the first test though >.>
Last edited by blozzee on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
blozzee
Anti-Air
Anti-Air

Postby Walker » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:22 pm

Unfortunately, testing isn't very useful for balance unless both players play near optimally, or are at least skilled enough to take advantage of any imbalances that may be present.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby blozzee » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:21 am

the first test players are not noobs. They are equally good players and you can look over the replay for this map.
blozzee
Anti-Air
Anti-Air

Postby Walker » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:36 am

I didn't say they were noobs. But I am suggesting that mid-level players are not necessarily capable of properly testing a map's balance. Heck, even top-level players can have trouble with it. Basically I'm saying that it is hard to conclusively show that a map is balanced through a couple playtests, especially with as many unknown or unclear factors as you have in your map.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Return to Design Maps