AWBW/FEBW Forum
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

blozzee's best of the best map

Critique and discuss the design maps on AWBW

Moderator: Forum Mods

blozzee's best of the best map

Postby blozzee » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:35 pm

I shall nominate my own best map xD. There should be only one which will entitle this reputation in each of the particular category.

Non FOW map goes to

Bypass Filter

This map is really fun to play mainly because how reasonably contested comtower and the labs are placed makes every action exhilarating. The map emphases the importance of using air units as defense and offense despite of being out numbered by ground unit. A comeback to regain offense momentum is certainly plausible depending on how good the player controlling the middle frontline . There are option of building lander which really worth it in this map. The map stalemate at the end that essentially would be the grand finale of decisive end game. For a great gameplay, put Neotanks, Stealth and Piperunner as lab unit.

sample game
http://awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=160343

Fow map goes to

AW2BHR-firststep

The map was tested with emulator and played against computer AI in fog. For the first time I really felt it was challenging.Of course when against computer, additional preown bases,
cities and predeployed units on computer side were added. When against human, the game pretty much stales on and off with indirect units but in the end, the game ended fair and square. The major front line spot in the battle are near the 2 towers and also the middle, where indirect units were usually placed. For a great gameplay, put Neotanks, Stealth and Piperunner as lab unit.
blozzee
Anti-Air
Anti-Air

Re: blozzee's best of the best map

Postby hetchel » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:02 pm

blozzee wrote:Image

This map is really fun to play mainly because how reasonably contested comtower and the labs are placed makes every action exhilarating. The map emphases the importance of using air units as defense and offense despite of being out numbered by ground unit. A comeback to regain offense momentum is certainly plausible depending on how good the player controlling the middle frontline . There are option of building lander which really worth it in this map. The map stalemate at the end that essentially would be the grand finale of decisive end game. For a great gameplay, put Neotanks, Stealth and Piperunner as lab unit.

Landers? I don't really see how they would be useful on this map.
Also I'm curious if piperunners can be used.
hetchel
Anti-Air
Anti-Air

Re: blozzee's best of the best map

Postby blozzee » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:41 pm

hetchel wrote:
blozzee wrote:
Landers? I don't really see how they would be useful on this map.
Also I'm curious if piperunners can be used.

personally you can use lander to pickup unit in one turn from third base.Take a look over my game here http://awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=160343
blozzee
Anti-Air
Anti-Air

Return to Design Maps