Code: Select all
[map=62189]1 on 1 - Tight Spot[/map]

generates this:
1 on 1 - Tight Spot

You can also just do
Code: Select all
[map]62189[/map]
but that won't title it for you.

As for your actual map, it's a bit clumpy. Lots of wide open space and then lots of clumps of things. It's also incredibly square and linear. In general, curves are more aesthetically pleasing and you can create cooler areas for battles. You also really need to rethink the center with the HQs and bases, that's pretty bad. Look at Mori's map right above your post. :)
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Re: Map Comments and Edits Thread

Postby Bamboozle » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:36 pm

Any feedback over here? :3

Muad'Dib

Megalodon
crabs
Bamboozle
Infantry
Infantry

Postby Walker » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:02 pm

Muad'Dib: I'd make the central base neutral, for both balance and gameplay reasons. It's kind of a weird map, seems like one city on the sides will be contested and the middle will be a big cluster. Mechs seem pretty potent, perhaps overly so.

Megalodon doesn't have anything obviously bad about it. A predeployed lander to help support the lone base front could be interesting.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Mori » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:29 am

Mako

Mori420 asks the tough questions no one else is willing to ask: can a non-symmetrical map be considered competitive? Did Walker already beat him to the punch like 5 years ago? This and more at 11.

Muad'Dib: Neutral center base, and perhaps get some of those properties out of the center of the map.

Megalodon: Looks good, might wanna get some fta counter stuff on there though.
Mori
Tank
Tank

Postby Bamboozle » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:41 am

Redid the center and repositioned some cities on Muad'Dib. Are the fronts too tight?
crabs
Bamboozle
Infantry
Infantry

Postby Walker » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:05 pm

Mori wrote:Mori420 asks the tough questions no one else is willing to ask: can a non-symmetrical map be considered competitive? Did Walker already beat him to the punch like 5 years ago? This and more at 11.

I have to say, though I did think about making a map exactly like that, I never actually did. You beat me to the punch here.

@Bamboozle, yeah the fronts are a little tight. I think this is an improvement over the first version, but I'm still worried about stalemates. If you made this a true 2v1 base map (by extending the mountain range so it blocks off the back path between the HQ and the neutral base), that could be interesting. In that situation, I would switch the airport with the port, and add a preowned lander or blackboat for reinforcing the lone base.

By doing that, you take the focal point of the map away from the center, which is semi-contested and very clustery even with the edits, and turn it to the area near that little clump of three forests. Repositioning some terrain to slow down tanks from bases might be good, basically redistribute a couple forests. Toying around with city positioning wouldn't be bad, but there aren't any easy changes I see for that and it's probably okay as it is.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Bamboozle » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:25 pm

crabs
Bamboozle
Infantry
Infantry

Previous

Return to Design Maps