It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

God is an Astornaut

Critique and discuss the design maps on AWBW

Moderator: Forum Mods

God is an Astornaut

Postby funwes » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:33 pm

http://awbw.amarriner.com/prevmaps.php?maps_id=54655

Specifically, I'd like some constructive criticism on this map. The comments so far have been pretty lacking. Do the preowned bases need to give access for vehicles to go through? Should there be overall better vehicle access to the middle? etcetc

And if you wanna playtest, I'd be more than happy to make another game or so. As of now, there's one in the public waiting games list.

Also, name from this band.
Code: Select all
Mr--Clean> that moment when you put something in your mouth and you have NO idea what it is and spit it out

Walker> i was innocent once
Walker> then loli came along
funwes
CO
CO

Re: God is an Astornaut

Postby Walker » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:32 am

Alright, alright quit yer sniveling. I put a "constructive" comment on your map :P.

As for the two questions you just posed, no and no. I do think you should add two more properties to the middle though so there is an actual incentive to go in there. I also don't know if I like where you have the rocket and arty positioned, but I don't have any real suggestions on how to change it. I'll be sure to let you know if I think of something amazing though.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby funwes » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:09 pm

Thanks! After a game run through or two I'll see if the changes should be made etc etc :) Which, the more I look at it, the more I feel like it needs 'em
Mr--Clean> that moment when you put something in your mouth and you have NO idea what it is and spit it out

funwes
CO
CO

Postby funwes » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:28 pm

Wow, so yeah, improvements have been implemented, and I'll actually have a test game next time.

funwes
CO
CO

Postby Walker » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:11 pm

Now you have FTA issues. if you make that neutral base preowned and add an extra PL inf on the NW base it should be okay. Nice edits by the way, looks fun.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby funwes » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:20 pm

Wouldn't just an extra PL infantry do the trick? It wouldn't be on the airport base, so there would be some advantage given to PL but not a whole lot. I really don't want to make this to have preowned bases than it already has.

funwes
CO
CO

Postby Walker » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:01 am

The way it is now, PL has an advantage on one front (the one with the neutral base) while RF has the advantage on the other two - the corner and the airport fronts. This gives FTA because RF will always have a slight unit count advantage, not to mention a positioning advantage on two of the three fronts. That PL is ahead on the most important front doesn't make up for that advantage.

If you add an extra PL infantry on the corner base, all that happens is that now PL will have the advantage that RF currently has. It doesn't even it out, it just shifts the advantage.

But if all 4 bases are preowned, then PL goes first from 2, RF goes first from 2, and everything is more balanced. It still won't be perfect because the fronts are uneven, but it should be more or less negligible at that point. Also, having 4 bases preowned isn't that big of a deal. It's a big map with lots of funds, so there shouldn't be too much infantry spamming.

If you insist on 3 preowned bases, then the best way to do it is with a preowned city for PL within 3 spaces of RF's corner base. It's less perfect than having 4 preowned bases, but is better than the current setup.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Azzaphox » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:05 am

i posted a test game, will let you know how it goes.
More Strategy, less Real Time
Azzaphox
Tank
Tank

Return to Design Maps