It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

A Newer Map Maker

Critique and discuss the design maps on AWBW

Moderator: Forum Mods

Re: A Newer Map Maker

Postby headphone » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:00 pm

MORE UPDATES!!!!!
I improved the layout of the tools and I added the road/river/shoal fixer. Its automatic, so you don't need to click a button each time. It doesn't fix pipes yet...

walkerboh01 wrote:To me, what you're calling "left to right diagonal" and "top to bottom diagonal" is what I call rotational symmetry. What you have there as rotational symmetry is maybe double rotational or something - you fill in 1 quadrant and the other 3 get filled in rotationally, whereas for regular rotational symmetry, you fill in 1 quadrant and only one other quadrant is also filled in. It looks like it works pretty well, very neat.

I was sure what each symmetry was, so I just copied what nyv called them in her map maker. Think I should rename them?

walkerboh01 wrote:Because left to right and top to bottom diagonal do the exact same thing, the only difference appears to be where on the map you can click (left to right allows clicking on the left half of the map, top to bottom allows clicking on the top half of the map).

While this is true of Square maps with Even heights and widths, the differences are much more noticeable in rectangular maps.

walkerboh01 wrote: For me, it would be ideal if I could click any quadrant of the map and have it mirror exactly as it currently does under these two options. So in short, can you combine those two, but also have it be possible to click on the right and bottom halves of the map?

Yes its completely possible, let me get to work on that right away!
Mr Clean wrote:im curious as to why anybody would know what a gynacologist does off the top of their head
headphone
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Walker » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:48 am

I think that you should have the following options (or something roughly along these lines):

Rotational (4 quadrants) - what you have now for rotational symmetry
Rotational (2 quadrants) - combination of what you have for top to bottom and left to right symmetry
Left to Right - same
Top to Bottom - same
Diagonal 1 - what you have as true diagonal
Diagonal 2 - same as true diagonal but for the other diagonal axis

It looks great though. Has anyone tried uploading a map to AWBW? Is it possible with this thing yet?
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby funwes » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:59 pm

Code: Select all
Mr--Clean> that moment when you put something in your mouth and you have NO idea what it is and spit it out

Code: Select all
Walker> i was innocent once
Walker> then loli came along
funwes
CO
CO

Postby headphone » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:43 pm

I made it so you can edit anywhere on the map and it will be symmetrized ( this was surprisingly easy to make), added an auto save feature, fixed some bugs, and cleaned up some code.
Mr Clean wrote:im curious as to why anybody would know what a gynacologist does off the top of their head
headphone
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Walker » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:44 am

This is exactly what I was imagining, it's awesome. I haven't tried making a real map and uploading it to the site, so if that works without any problems, I have to say that I'm in love with your map maker. :)

Edit: I actually had some time so I made a quick test map. The map maker works great! The only error I have is that when I load a saved file onto it, sometimes it adds a line of black tiles to the right side of the map.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby headphone » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:39 pm

walkerboh01 wrote:The only error I have is that when I load a saved file onto it, sometimes it adds a line of black tiles to the right side of the map.

The easy fix for that would be for you to stop using IE, I fixed that in FF and Chrome even before I released the editor.
headphone
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Walker » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:34 pm

Haha okay, well I only have IE at work and I use Safari at home, so I figured it wasn't browser-dependent. I can use Firefox though in the future, that's not really a problem.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby headphone » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:28 pm

If there's one thing that I've learned from working on this map maker, its that IE sucks worse than I thought.
headphone
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby blanci1 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:40 pm

sounds great!
Hey maybe you have some skills to help look after the site . If you think you might have time PM me or let us know. We desperately need to co-ordinate a group to help out with site-maintenance.
blanci1
Artillery
Artillery

Postby headphone » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:06 pm

blanci1 wrote:sounds great!
Hey maybe you have some skills to help look after the site . If you think you might have time PM me or let us know. We desperately need to co-ordinate a group to help out with site-maintenance.

I'd be willing to help, but most of my skills are in js, I don't really know php. (thats what I was planing on working on next)
headphone
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby blozzee » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:03 am

The diagonal auto editing is really cool haha I like this! but one thing I don't get it is that 2 quadrant rotational features from left and top doesn't make any difference :?

Btw you spell "diagonal" wrong in your editor option :p
blozzee
Anti-Air
Anti-Air

Postby airob » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:45 pm

haha i love this thing. saves a lot of time with the symmetry option and also allows you to fool around a bit. :P

walkerboh on PM: Also it isn't a tag game either. Were you
drunk when you made this? haha

<@FCK> I just used scissors on some ass till they bled had just now
<@FCK> *hard

<Fanboy> doood
<airob> ?
<Fanboy> r u trying to seduce me O_O

<Walker> at least fdk only fucks with me

<Mr--Clean> well theres a new country
<Mr--Clean> called bare flesh
<Walker> Sounds hot. The HQ is probably a dick
airob
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby headphone » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:13 pm

airob wrote:haha i love this thing. saves a lot of time with the symmetry option and also allows you to fool around a bit. :P

lol, I've spent more time making pretty designs than making maps myself.
headphone
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby nyvelion » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:25 pm

looks good
nyvelion
Fighter
Fighter

Postby blozzee » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:52 pm

Could you please disable auto fix terrain in this map maker. To be frank it's really annoying to have this feature
blozzee
Anti-Air
Anti-Air

PreviousNext

Return to Design Maps