It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Shadows can Kill

Critique and discuss the design maps on AWBW

Moderator: Forum Mods

Shadows can Kill

Postby crazymofo » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:12 am

First Post!

Check out this map I made, http://www.advancewarsnet.com/designmap ... hp?id=7900. Sorry that it's not on this site, I haven't gotten any time to copy it over. Tell me what you guys think about the map!
crazymofo
Infantry
Infantry

Postby Completeduck » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:59 pm

Well it doesn't really matter then if it isn't on this site now does it?

I personally wouldn't play on it as it is too chokey on the center isles, and unbalanced as there are silos that are really on accessible to Bm/YC.
It is also a boring fight as you have to send your troops over by boat which your enemy can just clog up the land making the enemy form landing troops ashore, and enough to be a threat.
I WANNA BE THE GUY!
Completeduck
Anti-Air
Anti-Air

Postby Mcluvin » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:09 pm

I don't think I'd play on it based on some of the same reasons given by Complete Duck. Honestly, between the chokiness, the lack of shoals, and the balance issues, it's practically unplayable. The players are just going to fill up their islands with infantry to make sure no one lands on their main islands and whoever gets the silo island will gain an edge that will take forever to realize, but will slowly (and I mean slowly) get around to beating the other players.
On a positive note, I like the fact that you've made a map that makes naval units both useful and necessary. We have very few of those on this site and I think that that's a shame. I'd be interested to see what you could do if you took the concept and made a map more balanced and more open. That would take a geat deal of though and time, but it would be very cool.
Mcluvin
Tank
Tank

Return to Design Maps