Poll ended at Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:41 pm

yes
33%
no
67%

Total votes : 6

akwardness FTW

Postby mathblitz » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:41 pm

this is somewhat of a pioneering event for me. one of my first maps incorporating bases in enemy territory and a bunch of awkward stuff i would nvr put in one of my typical maps. comments?

http://awbw.amarriner.com/prevmaps.php?maps_id=49473
if you are looking at my profile right now GET AWAY STALKER
mathblitz
Infantry
Infantry

Postby xushu » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:57 pm

It does not look that bad, at a glance. I noticed that the FTA counter infantry is not on the pre-owned base though... and that means there is a second turn advantage ( or STA ). JS will have the neutral base well ahead of GS.

The bridges are problematic, mostly due to choke issues. I would think about widening them to stop that. There is a little bit of blandness in places, namely large patches of terrain like plains. A few more mountains would help that out. The center HQ island in interesting... I personally am not a fan of bases so near HQs, especially since ( once that pipe seam is gone ) mech floods are going to rush over those central mountains.

All in all, it's a solid 5-6ish map ( believe me, there are a lot worse maps around >_>;; ) as it is; make a few alterations using these suggestions and the resources here in the Design Maps forum and it could be a 8-9ish map. I hope this helps ^_^

Oh, btw, I would not delete it when it's as fixable as this.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi
xushu
Tank
Tank

Return to Design Maps