AW/FE by Web

AWBW/FEBW Forum
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Three months and two remakes later: SVALBARD!

Critique and discuss the design maps on AWBW

Moderator: Forum Mods

Three months and two remakes later: SVALBARD!

Postby Mafiasco » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:14 am

http://awbw.amarriner.com/prevmaps.php?maps_id=39763

After Steppes, I really wanted to step it up and make more than a "Good" 1v1 map. I wanted to make a great 1v1 map. I'm not kidding about spending three months on this and having remade it twice =P

Enter Svalbard. Inspired by the fjords of Norway, this map is meant to be a challenging 1v1 map that has many paths to victory. You can choose to dominate the middle and assault the middle factory, push straight through the relatively open land from your middle factory to the opponents HQ, or flank the opponent through the furthest north and south factories. The airports are far away from the middle to prevent them from being an easy counter to tricky tactics, but close to the big lakes on each side so they can help you flank that middle factory.

I really hope this map plays well, because I've put a lot of time and love into this map. Hope you guys like it as much as I liked working on it :D
Mafiasco
Infantry
Infantry

Postby Completeduck » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:46 am

I really like it,it is just to open for my tastes. (That is my opinion, you don't have to change it)
But it is enclosed enough to allow indirects which is good.
7/10 with a possible +3 until there is a playtest of the map.
I WANNA BE THE GUY!
Completeduck
Anti-Air
Anti-Air

Postby Mafiasco » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:31 am

I've been playtesting this map and so far its playing better than I even hoped

Theres basically four fronts across the four strips of land, and then the two middle fronts collide due to their proximity. It's proving to be as interesting and dynamic as I had hoped

Try it out yourself and let me know what you think :D
Mafiasco
Infantry
Infantry

Return to Design Maps