AW/FE by Web

AWBW/FEBW Forum
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

You Only Live Twice Tournament [Won by Hellraider].

Forum for AWBW Tournaments

Moderator: Forum Mods

Postby benbever » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:12 am

So what do we do with the game? I'm not quite willing to simply resign, the game was just getting interesting.
I do have some suggestions.

-Someone with website powers can take back the end turn step, so I can take my turn normally. This probably won't happen and won't be possible i think.

-Playing on with some sort of construction that's (almost) fair.
ie my turn was ended without me moving anything at all or building anything. So next ultrastorm ends his turn without moving or building anything.
Of course the extra day of income offsets things, so that income shouldn't be spend. That makes the 17000 funds I received in my aet day the new 0 funds for me, and for ultrastorm 19000 funds is the new 0 funds.
Units that were repairing shouldn't repair twice, so ultra (I don't have any units that can repair twice) moves those units one tile away from the repairing property before ending his turn. ie the 6hp arty 1 tile left, the 8 hp tank 1 tile right and the 7hp tank 1 up and 1 left.
That leaves only things like fuel consumption, which isn't all that important since we're both eagle.
I think this constuction will be almost entirely fair (unless I overlooked something) only remembering not to spend the extra 17000/19000 funds will be bothersome.

in short, ultra moves 3 repairing units, ends turn, and we treat 17000 funds for me as 0 funds, and 19000 funds for ultra as 0 funds.
Let me know what you (ultrastorm, tournament host) thinks.
benbever
CO
CO

Postby Taz » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:18 am

Well, I think this is probably the best thing to do, if Ultra agrees...
So, you think you're good at AWBW?
Join the ladder and challenge the best!
Taz
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Ultra Storm » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:42 pm

I agree to benbever's suggestion.

btw, protip for vacations

Before you go on vacation, make all your turns ready but don't press End Turn. When you come back from vacation, you only need to press End Turn and there's no rush at all. If you get AET'd, you get extra time for the duration of the next turn as well. That's what I always do, anyway.
Your notion of ”right” is what was imprinted in you since you were young.
Ultra Storm
CO
CO

Postby Ultra Storm » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:40 pm

double post for emphasis
benbever wrote:Units that were repairing shouldn't repair twice, so ultra (I don't have any units that can repair twice) moves those units one tile away from the repairing property before ending his turn. ie the 6hp arty 1 tile left, the 8 hp tank 1 tile right and the 7hp tank 1 up and 1 left.
That leaves only things like fuel consumption, which isn't all that important since we're both eagle.
I think this constuction will be almost entirely fair (unless I overlooked something) only remembering not to spend the extra 17000/19000 funds will be bothersome.
Actually, I should move all of the units 1 west. If I want to move them west next turn, I can consider them to have 1 less movement. Just don't take advantage of the new location of the 8 HP tank.

Btw benbever, you should take that "Set Draw" off now.
Ultra Storm
CO
CO

Postby benbever » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:48 am

Yes, I'll take it off. The set draw was only to grab your attention, from before I saw that you posted on the forum. After setting the draw it didn't show that the draw had been set (maybe because it wasn't my turn.)

btw, protip for vacations

Before you go on vacation, make all your turns ready but don't press End Turn. When you come back from vacation, you only need to press End Turn and there's no rush at all. If you get AET'd, you get extra time for the duration of the next turn as well. That's what I always do, anyway.

I usually do that, but couldn't do that in our game. When I took my turn on july 12 I expected to get another turn before july 18. However I didn't get another turn before I left on july 18. AET plus 2 weeks of vacation mode seemed just to short to bridge between july 12 and august 2, and more importantly, the game would have been deleted by the server. I wanted you to take your turn while I was on vacation so that the game wouldn't risk getting deleted. (The server deletes games with about two weeks of inactivity, a maptest game with taz and one other game was indeed deleted when I was on vacation.)
benbever
CO
CO

Postby Ploumeur » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:22 am

Dhomochevsky, October 16th, 2008 wrote:I've resigned against Ultra, well played, i've learnt from the experience!

Mainly that Javier absolutely rapes. Everything. That was the first time i'd really come across him... ouch! :D

This post has exactly 1 year... And I think it's time for benbever to do the same:
http://awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=95146
Ploumeur
Artillery
Artillery

Postby benbever » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:16 pm

I resigned my game VS Ultrastorm. I messed up my last turn, but the game was beyond saving anyway.
http://awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=95146
Congratulations Ultrastorm, you deserved the win, for your bold atack on day 19
http://awbw.amarriner.com/replay.php?games_id=95146&ndx=35

I think by day 17 I was still in a better position
http://awbw.amarriner.com/replay.php?games_id=95146&ndx=32
With more bcopters (higher unit count) and no wasted funds on a fighter that proved useless. Maybe I got overconfident, I've never lost an Eagle game. Usually I'm able to calculate how to get Eagle's SCOP first, but in this game that just proved impossible. I don't like the stalemate map (two fronts with large armies facing off) much.

Anyway, the bold attack gave Ultrastorm SCOP first.
http://awbw.amarriner.com/replay.php?games_id=95146&ndx=37
I don't think things could be saved after that, but I hope I gave you a good game trying :)

Saving my SCOP and gaining territory was pretty fun.
http://awbw.amarriner.com/replay.php?games_id=95146&ndx=45
http://awbw.amarriner.com/replay.php?games_id=95146&ndx=46

Of course Ultrastorm would get his second SCOP first too.
http://awbw.amarriner.com/replay.php?games_id=95146&ndx=51
So I think a loss was inevitable after day 19.
benbever
CO
CO

Postby Sothis » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:41 pm

That game is totally awesome. There are a ton of truly masterful displays going on throughout, and the scope is mind boggling.

So now US has to play Hellraider in the valley? One more game to go...
No one, not even you, can know your true potential if you are not harshly tested.
Sothis
Md. Tank
Md. Tank

Postby Taz » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:31 am

Exactly.
Go ahead, I'm looking forward to this.
Taz
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Hellraider » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:17 am

It may have been mentioned already, but both Ultra Storm and I would prefer to play on another map. Mainly due to out concerns with balance, but also because we don't want to play on a map which has enough potential to last a year. Furthermore, in case Ultra Storm wins his first game against me we need one map more.
Hellraider
Rocket
Rocket

Postby Ultra Storm » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:45 am

The game was very good when the stalemate was finally broken. As benbever said, my victory was made possible by carefully calculating the situation with the SCOP. Charging SCOP was so tight it even required the attacks I made with my infantry.

Hellraider wrote:It may have been mentioned already, but both Ultra Storm and I would prefer to play on another map. Mainly due to out concerns with balance, but also because we don't want to play on a map which has enough potential to last a year.
I agree.
Ultra Storm
CO
CO

Postby Taz » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:53 am

Okay. Give me some time to think about it...
Taz
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby benbever » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:37 pm

Ultra Storm wrote:The game was very good when the stalemate was finally broken. As benbever said, my victory was made possible by carefully calculating the situation with the SCOP. Charging SCOP was so tight it even required the attacks I made with my infantry.

I remember I made a mistake too. I attacked with one bcopter too many. I could calculate afterwards that you could reach SCOP the next turn. However, had I not attacked with that bcopter, you might have won too because of me having lost too many units in the north.

Ultra Storm wrote:
Hellraider wrote:It may have been mentioned already, but both Ultra Storm and I would prefer to play on another map. Mainly due to out concerns with balance, but also because we don't want to play on a map which has enough potential to last a year.
I agree.

How about this map for the final :P
benbever
CO
CO

Postby Taz » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:12 am

Okay. I'll just use for the final the S-rank map I never played on, namely
Contact
Bans: Broken 5, Javier, VB, Sasha, Kindle, Sturm, Nell.

Hellraider gets to create. Good luck to both of you!
Last edited by Taz on Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taz
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Harti » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:22 am

Taz wrote:Okay. I'll just use for the final the S-rank map I never played on, namely
Contact

Hellraider gets to create. Good luck to both of you!

Yo sho? o.O
The IRC wrote:[23:17] <Glenstorm> I'm just a jerk
[23:17] <Glenstorm> why do you listen to me
[00:39] <Smacky> I think loli should be illegal
[00:39] <Smacky> and star craft
[21:22] <airob> i´ll brb in some minutes...i´m doing some pies
[21:22] <airob> :P
Harti
Map Committee
Map Committee

PreviousNext

Return to AWBW Tournaments