It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

*** Tournament Rules (PLEASE READ FIRST) ***

Forum for AWBW Tournaments

Moderator: Forum Mods

*** Tournament Rules (PLEASE READ FIRST) ***

Postby amarriner » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:05 pm

Here are AWBW's Official Tournament Rules:

- All tournament games are official (they affect your win/loss record and possibly your rating).

- All tournament games have a boot interval of 5 to 7 days. If you are booted from a tournament game, you will not be allowed into another tournament run by the same person.

- You must commit to playing through the entire tournament. This can take a long time. Typically tournaments have at least three games per player.

- Please make sure you are aware of the "Sub Glitch" where you can accidentally be stopped by dived subs even if they are in plain view. Use the "Set Path" feature and get around this. There is no excuse for not using it. I do not have the time to be going around and editing a bunch of games because people didn't want to take the time to click "Set Path" - its available, so please use it where necessary.
Sub Glitch no longer exists, so this rule does not apply. :)

These are the official rules until they are changed, or amended by a tournament coordinator in their specific tournament thread.
The detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods -- the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
amarriner
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MogGunnerFF » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:41 pm

amarriner wrote:Typically tournaments have at least three games per player.

For the finalists anyway... :wink:
Human-loving, fast-talking, street-smart, SLAM-dancing... Moogle...
MogGunnerFF
CO
CO

Postby bismark » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:27 pm

who can create a tournament? anyone?
"When I was kidnapped, my parents snapped into action. They rented out my room."
bismark
Artillery
Artillery

Postby Edi » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:12 pm

bismark wrote:who can create a tournament? anyone?

amarriner said to me via pm not everybody but you can ask him, and if he need hosts for them he come back to this people
Skill is when Luck becomes a habit!

13:33:59 [amarriner] you and grit make a good team ;)

13:42:52 [ryuhiâ„¢] and edi is agent asshole
Edi
Tank
Tank

Postby DrogbaBH » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:56 pm

To those who can create tournaments: http://awbw.amarriner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2745

Please check these ideas. I would like to see a huge tournament with the group and final phases.
DrogbaBH
Anti-Air
Anti-Air

Postby golden_cow2 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:59 pm

Is there any open tournament slots I can join?
golden_cow2
B-Copter
B-Copter

Postby bismark » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:22 pm

not right now, but keep on looking for new forum topics in the tournament page.
"When I was kidnapped, my parents snapped into action. They rented out my room."
bismark
Artillery
Artillery

Postby Jeeves The Mole » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:53 pm

So, we can't set up our own tournaments? Sucky. From what I can see, they seem infrequent.

Perhaps there could be two types of tournament? Unofficial ones which anybody can set up and still affect your win-loss record, and official ones which get their own set of win-loss records and can only be joined here.

I was disappointed to find that winning a fair amount of my games didn't affect my record. :(
Ingame name: Jeeves The Mole
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hara-Kari Rock! I need scissors! 61!" - Colonel, Metal Gear Solid 2
Jeeves The Mole
Infantry
Infantry

Postby LiteYear » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:06 pm

Image We used to have something like that, but it was removed mainly due to the lack of legitimancy.
LiteYear
CO
CO

Postby golden_cow2 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:29 pm

Hey Amarriner can I make a tournament? None are being created right now...

I'll just make an unofficial one anyway but I thought I'd ask you for an official one.
golden_cow2
B-Copter
B-Copter

Postby MogGunnerFF » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:11 pm

Yeah, I support people submitting tournaments for official approval and creation.
Human-loving, fast-talking, street-smart, SLAM-dancing... Moogle...
MogGunnerFF
CO
CO

Postby Pino » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:01 am

I think there should be a set of guidelines for what the typical tournament map is in order to:

1) Better let people set up practice skirmishes

and

2) Allow map making enthusiasts to have a set of guidelines to help them in making maps that could possibly be used for a tournament
Snape kills Dumbledore.
Pino
Infantry
Infantry

Postby Heidern » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:43 am

I think common sense is good enough for when it comes to deciding what maps to pick, don't need any guidelines.
Heidern
CO
CO

Postby Advance stratagist » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:42 pm

maybe, but some people might have a different opinion of what a "good map" is. If there is a set of guidelines, then people couldn't argue about a map, cuz it either fit the criteria or it didn't. We might have to work out exactly what those guidelines would be, but once we had it, it would certainly be easier on tourney makers to pick what maps to use.
"I have a hard time believing that scientists know what the weather will be in 100 years, when they can't get 5 days from now correct." - Glenn Beck
Advance stratagist
CO
CO

Postby randomizer » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:50 pm

:o Here's some criteria! How about don't pick maps that give a significant first-turn (dis)advantage! Or don't use maps that give certain unbanned COs an advantage! Or don't pick maps that are unplayable in any other respect! :shock: :wink: Honestly, people... :roll:
If you have doubts about a particular map, just ask someone or use a different map. I'm sure there's plenty to pick from. :P
ImageImage
randomizer
CO
CO

Next

Return to AWBW Tournaments