AW/FE by Web

AWBW/FEBW Forum
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Colosseum Season 6 Standings - Winner is Ultra Storm!

Forum for AWBW Tournaments

Moderator: Forum Mods

Re: Colosseum Season 6 Standings

Postby Walker » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:07 pm

hetchel wrote:Walker, can we restart the "HF 31 - Sheryl Nome vs. hetchel" game? My opponent made a capturing mistake on his base on day 2.

Yes, I'll remake it and PM you when I do.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Felix45 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:49 pm

I have 2 interesting Colosseum games going on right now.

http://awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=161274

This one I made a mistake with a mis-click and paid dearly. The match is still fairly even, though the rest of the match should feature some intense fights I am sure.

http://awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=160460
This one I made a huge mistake with my 2 tanks when he went for the tower. For some reason I didn't think about him using artillery for meatshielding....bigggg mistake.
yet as in the other match, it is nothing that will make me lose, at least not yet. I set myself up to be able to mechspam on the one side, which I am hoping will make up for how much more I pay for my units. My early tanks caused enough disruption to make him have a slower capture phase, though he has MANY more units than I do, I think my mechs will be able to make up for it.
[23:09] <Gabo> hey guys, i have a question
[23:09] <Gabo> is it possible to transfer games from one account toanother on steam?
[23:09] <felix45> fire away lotion master
[23:10] <felix45> ROFL
[23:10] <Gabo> =_=
[23:10] <felix45> sorry I cant let that go :P
[23:10] <felix45> oh and I dont think so gabo
[23:10] <Gabo> the worst part is that i do like lotions <_<
Felix45
CO
CO

Postby dorian5-02 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:53 pm

dorian5-02
Infantry
Infantry

Postby dorian5-02 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:40 am

and fdkanns had been booted.
He is an impolite man.
http://awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=156937
dorian5-02
Infantry
Infantry

Postby fdkanns » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:15 am

dorian5-02 wrote:and fdkanns had been booted.
He is an impolite man.
http://awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=156937

....and so f***** bad that he's a freewin. :(

Sorry about that boot, but think positve: You saved the time for your next turn in that game, because after that one I would've had to resign anyways.

gg
fdkanns
Anti-Air
Anti-Air

Postby Walker » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:50 pm

I went through and updated the standings today. Please look through and let me know if I missed any of your games or have the scores/standings written incorrectly.

Divisions 1 and 2 are getting pretty interesting. In Div. 1, dorian has a nice grip on 1st but has games left against Hellraider and Ultra Storm, who are also undefeated. In Div. 2, felix, ichbin, Kruegster, and japanj are all effectively tied with just 1 loss each. Japanj has a game against Hellraider, ichbin is playing felix and fdkanns, Kruegster is playing Hellraider and ANT13, and felix is playing ichbin, fdkanns, and NGC. It's still anyone's game as far as the first two spots are concerned.

In Div. 3, TGAL05 wins the division if he wins his game against frostylight (with 9 pts). However, if he loses then Diwa will probably win the division, since he is on the verge of winning his last remaining game against Janusmarine (Diwa would have 8pts, TGAL would have 7pts). Desklamp could potentially end up tied for 2nd if he wins against frostylight and TGAL loses (each would have 7 pts).

Div. 4 is still wide open too. Hetchel is in the lead with no losses, but tale and abroxas each have only 1 loss. Hetchel is playing Abroxas currently, and has beaten tale in head-to-head (the first tiebreaker). Similarly, abroxas's only loss has come at the hands of tale. Hetchel has the advantage if he can win out or only have one loss.

Div. 5a has already been won by sarastro (congrats!), and 2nd place has been won by ymouba. If Haxxson or lolabunny win their final game, they could tie ymouba on points (at 8 each). But ymouba beat lolabunny head-to-head, and ymouba had a harder schedule than Haxxson, giving ymouba both of the tiebreakers.

In Div. 5b, mxdcyw2000 is the division winner, and zdb17173 is second. Once again, they could be tied on points if mxdcyw loses his last game, but mxdcyw beat zdb head-to-head, giving him the tiebreaker.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Felix45 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:25 pm

haha, the best thing about my games is that none of them are anywhere near over; They all still could go either way!

Edit: won my game vs NGC. Good Game!

NGC I wanted to say you fought a good fight, and actually could have stopped me from capturing your tower with ease! Let me show you the way I would have done your turn.

First thing is you needed to charge SCOP. So you would have to attack with no COP one of my tanks (maybe even 2), then you would have had enough to SCOP.
Then this is the turn I would have done if I was in your position.

Instead of attacking any of my units with your 10hp artillery, you should have used the top artillery to join the 4hp one. With the other one, you should have attacked the pipe seam. This is key, if you didn't do this, you couldn't stop me from taking your tower.

The next day you can easily move the recon out of the way, finish the pipe with the artillery, use the other 10hp artillery to hit my infantry, and finish it off with your MD tank with the one you built. The other MD tank you can park on top of your tower and then you would have effectively stopped my offensive. from then on I wouldn't be able to take your tower, and you would have at least still had a very good chance of beating me.
That is the one and only way you could have stopped me from taking your tower, and you would have paid for it with a lot of vehicles, but because you could have stopped me and opened the pipe seam from then on it would be much easier to defend that tower.

edit 2: game with fdkanns will be getting interesting over the next couple of turns. though, he did set his vacation button recently, so who knows when the next turn may occur.
http://awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=158189

edit 3: Made my move vs fdkanns. Not an ideal attack but we will see how it turns out.
[23:09] <Gabo> is it possible to transfer games from one account toanother on steam?
Felix45
CO
CO

Postby Abroxas » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:10 am

Won my game against SM Ephraim.

http://awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=160419

I must say it was a formidable FoW game. I felt put under serious pressure until I realized that SM Ephraim must had come out short on fundings. Then I saw the opportunity to go into offense.
But I must say the subs gave away a lot of the surprise. It was quite easy to guess if copters have been built. If the enemy is building units which leave a rest of at least 9k, a copter probably has been built. In case of SM Ephraim this has been the case twice; he was building two infantries then. The first time I was a bit slow with countering though. At the other hand you can see almost immediately if AA-counters are in position. I was able to spam copters like crazy because I noticed that SM Ephraim was barely countering with AAs. So it worked out great for me but if countered properly copters barely get a chance to shine here. I think it might help to let the subs observe an area near the factories. Just my five cents after this game.

EDIT /// Quick question: What happens at the end of a season if a tie occures? I'm rather pessimistic about the outcome of my game against hetchel. If so, I would share the 2nd place with tale.
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
Abroxas
Tank
Tank

Postby Walker » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:15 pm

Congrats for the win!

Here's how I'm doing tiebreakers for Colosseum.

1) Most points
2) Head-to-head
3) Most wins
4) Quality of wins (based on division)
5) Strength of schedule (based on division)

I would expect that should take care of most tie-breakers. In your case Abroxas, you lost to tale in Month 1, so he would get 2nd and you would get 3rd if you lose to hetchel.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby hetchel » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:33 pm

Abroxas wrote:Won my game against SM Ephraim.

http://awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=160419

I must say it was a formidable FoW game. I felt put under serious pressure until I realized that SM Ephraim must had come out short on fundings. Then I saw the opportunity to go into offense.
But I must say the subs gave away a lot of the surprise. It was quite easy to guess if copters have been built. If the enemy is building units which leave a rest of at least 9k, a copter probably has been built. In case of SM Ephraim this has been the case twice; he was building two infantries then. The first time I was a bit slow with countering though. At the other hand you can see almost immediately if AA-counters are in position. I was able to spam copters like crazy because I noticed that SM Ephraim was barely countering with AAs. So it worked out great for me but if countered properly copters barely get a chance to shine here. I think it might help to let the subs observe an area near the factories. Just my five cents after this game.

Fun fog game. Too bad your opponent AET'd on day 2. I really like how the map is set up for fog, especially the outer big forests. I want to play on it one day. Of course, dense forests like that would be an unplayable nightmare if they were the main fronts, but on the sides with lot of forest space, it's an idea that tries to open more possibilities of fog gameplay.

I'm rather pessimistic about the outcome of my game against hetchel.

I have been greatly enjoying our game. Max's powers were frightening and I had a hard time defending the center. I had to pull my troops back, losing one city in the process. But Olaf has a tough defense, and I'm confident my long run strategy will be starting to pay off shortly.
hetchel
Anti-Air
Anti-Air

Postby Abroxas » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:03 am

I didn't noticed that he got AET'd. That explains why he missed so many cities and why he didn't bothered employing one single recon.

I have been greatly enjoying our game. Max's powers were frightening and I had a hard time defending the center. I had to pull my troops back, losing one city in the process. But Olaf has a tough defense, and I'm confident my long run strategy will be starting to pay off shortly.

Let's agree on a draw. :lol:

EDIT: Nah, my troops are already beaten up to clump. I resigned. Good one!
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
Abroxas
Tank
Tank

Postby hetchel » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:17 pm

Let's agree on a draw. :lol:

EDIT: Nah, my troops are already beaten up to clump. I resigned. Good one!

Oh too bad, I really wanted to know how you would counter the bomber. Fun game yes
hetchel
Anti-Air
Anti-Air

Postby Abroxas » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:34 pm

With AAs. I couldn't afford a fighter. Unfortunately you would have invaded my eastern port, cutting my income further down.
Abroxas
Tank
Tank

Postby Felix45 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:05 pm

I lost my game vs Ichbinselber! I planned to build a stealth bomber to pull his SCOP, only to realize that they were banned. Oh well, GG!
Felix45
CO
CO

Postby Walker » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:34 pm

Seems to me that you still had at least decent odds of winning... I don't know if the stealth was game-breaking for you. It's a shame, because I was following that game pretty closely, and I was betting on you to win it.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

PreviousNext

Return to AWBW Tournaments