AW/FE by Web

AWBW/FEBW Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Colosseum Season 6 Standings - Winner is Ultra Storm!

Forum for AWBW Tournaments

Moderator: Forum Mods

Re: Colosseum Season 6 Standings

Postby Felix45 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:47 am

yeah his SCOP would have hit my group of tanks on the right which would have made me lose.

If I had known I would have left the MD tank back to pull the SCOP with bboat/lander/bcopter and whatever I decided to build. I just thought to myself it would be better to use the MD tank right away and built the stealth. oh well
[23:09] <Gabo> hey guys, i have a question
[23:09] <Gabo> is it possible to transfer games from one account toanother on steam?
[23:09] <felix45> fire away lotion master
[23:10] <felix45> ROFL
[23:10] <Gabo> =_=
[23:10] <felix45> sorry I cant let that go :P
[23:10] <felix45> oh and I dont think so gabo
[23:10] <Gabo> the worst part is that i do like lotions <_<
Felix45
CO
CO

Postby ichbinsehselber » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:30 pm

Yeah your resigning was a big surprise to me.
I made 2 early mistakes not quite compensated by your one mistake. So you were ahead. Your last move was problematic and would have left you vulnerable. Your center and right side might crumble. Not sure if it was already lost for you...
Anyway thanks for a very high tension and very difficult (for me) game!
ichbinsehselber
Tank
Tank

Postby dorian5-02 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:22 pm

http://awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=156562
HF 3 - dorian5 vs. Ultra Storm
I lost.
dorian5-02
Infantry
Infantry

Postby Ultra Storm » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:09 pm

dorian5-02 wrote:http://awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=156562
HF 3 - dorian5 vs. Ultra Storm
I lost.
It was an interesting game. You might have won if you had built your own megas and fighters or if your rockets had had stronger shielding. Fighting against FTA for the contested cities is hard enough normally but even more so against Sensei. And naturally, the infantry hordes are troublesome until you can gain a significant advantage in vehicles.

As a side note, I think Olaf would do better against Sensei than Hawke because of the shorter meter and snow, but I didn't choose him because he could be in trouble against Hawke.
Your notion of ”right” is what was imprinted in you since you were young.
Ultra Storm
CO
CO

Postby Abroxas » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:35 am

As a close beholder, I am still waiting for the end of your bombastix league match on "Shadows chase you endlessly".
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
Abroxas
Tank
Tank

Postby Felix45 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:12 am

http://awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=158189

Whoops...I was booted. I wasn't doing too well anyways. SORRY! T_T
[23:09] <Gabo> hey guys, i have a question
[23:09] <Gabo> is it possible to transfer games from one account toanother on steam?
[23:09] <felix45> fire away lotion master
[23:10] <felix45> ROFL
[23:10] <Gabo> =_=
[23:10] <felix45> sorry I cant let that go :P
[23:10] <felix45> oh and I dont think so gabo
[23:10] <Gabo> the worst part is that i do like lotions <_<
Felix45
CO
CO

Postby Walker » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:31 pm

I have given fdkanns a loss by default in the Month 1 game between fdkanns and black_wave, due to abuse of the AET glitch for stalling.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Walker » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:34 am

Well Season 6 is beginning to wind down now. Four out of the six divisions have completely finished, with Divisions 1 and 2 still awaiting the last few results. Congratulations to Diwa and TGAL05 (Div. 3 winner + runner-up), hetchel and tale (Div. 4), sarastro and ymouba (Div. 5a), and mxdcyw2000 and zdb17173 (Div. 5b).

In Div. 2, the battle for the top 3 spots has gotten particularly fierce, with ichbinsehselber, japanj, and Kruegster all dead-even at 4-1. Felix was in the race until recently, when losses to ichbin and fdkanns knocked him down to 3-3. Interestingly, ichbin has defeated Kruegster, while japanj has defeated ichbin. Meanwhile, japanj's only loss has come at the hands of felix (who Kruegster and ichbin beat). Currently, japanj and Kruegster have HF games running against Hellraider, while ichbin is playing a FoW game against fdkanns. It will be quite interesting to see how it pans out, though I'm liking japanj to win the division, with ichbin in 2nd and kruegster in 3rd.

In Div. 1, the fight has come down predictably to Hellraider, dorian5, and Ultra Storm. Ultra's in the lead right now, having put away 5 of his 6 opponents (including a win in a great game against dorian5), but Hellraider is still undefeated as well. Hellraider currently has games against both of the other two, and if he fails to win either of them, Ultra Storm will be the Colosseum Season 6 champion (no pressure though). I think Ultra Storm probably will win the division, because it will be hard for Hellraider to win both of those inter-D1 games.

Games still running:
HF: Hellraider vs. Ultra Storm (Day 10)
HF: Kruegster vs. Hellraider (Day 19)
FoW: fdkanns vs. Walker (Day 12)
HF: japanj vs. Hellraider (Day 12)
HF: Hellraider vs. dorian5 (Day 9)
FoW: fdkanns vs. ichbinsehselber (Day 8)
FoW: Roswell vs. fdkanns (Day 7)

As you can see, Hellraider and fdkanns are the two slowpokes who haven't finished their games yet. Those damn German speakers, let me tell you...
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Walker » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:51 am

Since it looks like we could have a couple 3-way ties in Div. 1 and Div. 2, I thought I would repeat the tiebreaker rules:

On Feb. 13th, Walker wrote:Here's how I'm doing tiebreakers for Colosseum.

1) Most points
2) Head-to-head
3) Most wins
4) Quality of wins (based on division)
5) Strength of schedule (based on division)

In Div. 2, we could potentially have a tie between japanj, Kruegster and ichbin if japanj loses his match vs. Hellraider (tied at 4-2 each). All three are even on points, obviously. Head-to-head does not apply because it is a 3-way tie. Most wins are even. For quality of wins, I'm using the average Division ranking of the opponents a player wins against. For ichbin: 2.25, Kruegster: 1.75, japanj: 2.0.

Therefore the tiebreaker would go 1) Kruegster, 2) japanj, 3) ichbin.

In Div. 1, the tie would be between Hellraider, dorian, and Ultra Storm. This tie will occur only if Hellraider beats japanj and US, but loses to dorian (tied at 5-1 each). The first 3 tie-breakers would all be even, leading us to quality of wins again. For Hellraider: 1.4, US: 1.2, dorian: 1.2. Therefore, Hellraider would receive 3rd place, leaving us with a draw between US and dorian for first. This would be decided using head-to-head, which US won.

Therefore the tiebreaker would go 1) Ultra Storm, 2) dorian5, 3) Hellraider.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby dorian5-02 » Wed May 30, 2012 4:45 am

i lost.
my mistake was selection of CO.
dorian5-02
Infantry
Infantry

Postby Hellraider » Wed May 30, 2012 3:26 pm

The game was not completely over yet, as the income disadvantage still hurt and I did not have enough infantry to even it fast enough. I think Hawke was the better pick and without two rather major mistakes I made it would have been shown more. First mistake I did was building too many tanks in the beginning which did not achieve anything instead of capitalizing on the fact that you rushed for the airports by getting an overall funds advantage. Secondly, I messed up my split against VB SCOP and I had to buzz around with my fighters to make up for it, although that was the last turn already anyways.
Hellraider
Rocket
Rocket

Re: Colosseum Season 6 Standings - Winner is Ultra Storm!

Postby Walker » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:46 am

With Hellraider and Ultra Storm's draw, that just about wraps up Season 6. The only remaining game is japanj vs. Hellraider, but it won't influence the standings in any way unless japanj loses the game. Congrats to US for winning Colosseum for like the 5th season in a row!

Just a preliminary heads-up, I am planning on running a Season 7 of Colosseum. The focus will probably be only HF and FoW games, and I'm strongly considering making separated HF and FoW divisions. I'll give more detailed information when we're closer to the start, which will probably be sometime in mid-July.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Walker » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:15 am

Update: I changed my mind. As of now, I'm not going to be running a Season 7 of Colosseum.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Hellraider » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:15 pm

http://awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=160552

And the last game finished. I dare say, winning that felt like a real achievement.
Hellraider
Rocket
Rocket

Postby Walker » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:00 pm

And with that, Colosseum Season 6 is officially completed.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

PreviousNext

Return to AWBW Tournaments