Welcome to the AWBW Cup! The Cup is meant to provide a steady source of tournament competition for players of all levels. The current tournament administrators are Walker and Hellraider.
*Please not do not post in this thread, as it is meant strictly for tournament results and information. There is another thread for discussion and signups for the tournament.*
Please make sure to read and familiarize yourself with the rules below.
The AWBW Cup Rules
1) The AWBW Cup will be composed of a series of tournaments. One tournament will start every month. Each tournament will have a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 16 players and will have a single elimination format.
2) One player may participate in a maximum of two Cup tournaments at one time. Once a player is eliminated from a previous tournament, they can then join a new tournament.
3) Seedings for the tournament will be decided by the tournament admins. When applicable, the AWBW Global League standings will be used as a tool to assist with seeding.
4) A signup list for each tournament will open approximately 1 week before the start of the tournament. The first 16 eligible players will be taken. Each tournament will start on the 1st of the month, or sometimes the day before. To sign up, please post in the AWBW Cup SIgnup Thread.
5) Additional players wishing to participate will be added to a waiting list. In the event of a drop-out before the first round game of the tournament has begun, players from the waiting list will be entered into the tournament according to the order in which they signed up. The new player will take the place of the dropped-out player in the bracket. For drop-outs after the first round, losses by default will be awarded.
6) The games for each round will be created by the tournament admins. The password for each game will be sent to both players via private message. The higher seeded player joins as 1P and the lower seeded player joins as 2P. This can be changed only if both players agree.
7) Both players have 3 days to join the game after notification. The game will be started by the admin once both players have joined. If the 3 day limit is exceeded, the guilty player will be removed and replaced if the tournament is in Round 1, or will forfeit the game if it is in later stages (as per Rule 5).
8) In each round of a tournament, all games will be played on the same map. The same map will never be used twice for separate rounds.
9) The maps and CO bans for each round will be chosen by the tournament admins. The Boot/AET for all games is 3/4. Fog and weather will be off, funds are 1000, tags are off, and CO powers are on (unless otherwise specified). Luck CO's and black bombs are universally banned.
10) NO STALLING. A boot results in immediate forfeit from the tournament. If you are booted from a game, future admittance into tournaments is at the discretion of the tournament admins. Two AET's in one tournament (can be in the same game or two different games) count as a boot, and the same penalties apply. Forfeit for excessive use of vacation in one tournament is at the discretion of the tournament admins.
In addition to the rules, there are a few other things to note.
The winner of each monthly tourney will be recorded in the Hall of Fame.
However, the Cup tournaments are not meant to be extremely intense or highly prestigious competitions. Because they will start frequently, it is not the end of the world if you are knocked out of one. The goal is that they will finish much quicker than tournaments in the past, while providing good competitive play against opponents that you may not meet elsewhere.
To that effect, please do NOT join a tournament if you know that you will be busy or think that you will not be able to take your turns regularly. When you are not busy, you can join a tournament then - they start every month after all.
Last edited by Walker on Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:06 pm, edited 39 times in total.