AWBW/FEBW Forum
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

DART Season 3 - Round 2

Forum for AWBW Tournaments

Moderator: Forum Mods

Re: DART Season 3 - Round 1

Postby Walker » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:32 pm

Just wanted to throw out that Game 2 has finished, resulting in a draw between walkerboh01 and Abroxas. Good game to Ultra Storm, but there wasn't much that can be done when you're 2 vs. 1...
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Abroxas » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:26 am

Wait. We were teaming up?
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
Abroxas
Tank
Tank

Postby Azzaphox » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:01 pm

I hope that's a dry sense of humour in action there.
More Strategy, less Real Time
Azzaphox
Tank
Tank

Postby Abroxas » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:22 pm

As dry as the Gobi Desert. :wink:
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
Abroxas
Tank
Tank

Re: DART Season 3 - Round 1 closed

Postby Ploumeur » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:02 pm

Hi guys.

I've decided to kick Excrimo from the tournament. For his 4 games, his chess clock is over and his AET is below -3 days.

Since only 5 players remain, and the 3 games without excrimo are over, I think it's time to close the Round 1 prematurely and to move on in the Round 2. The finalists are Abroxas, Walkerboh, Ultra Storm and Xushu, and Abroxas will be able to choose his opponents turn orders. I will give more informations in the near future.

I've also decided this season of the DART will be the last.
Advance Wars best advice: "Build more infantries."
Ploumeur
Artillery
Artillery

Postby Ultra Storm » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:13 pm

Ploumeur wrote:Hi guys.

I've decided to kick Excrimo from the tournament. For his 4 games, his chess clock is over and his AET is below -3 days.

Since only 5 players remain, and the 3 games without excrimo are over, I think it's time to close the Round 1 prematurely and to move on in the Round 2. The finalists are Abroxas, Walkerboh, Ultra Storm and Xushu, and Abroxas will be able to choose his opponents turn orders. I will give more informations in the near future.

I've also decided this season of the DART will be the last.
Come to think of it, where is the chess clock visible? I can't remember seeing it.

And this only affects the choice of turn orders, but it would still be possible for me to have that right, since the game against Abroxas would still continue.
Your notion of ”right” is what was imprinted in you since you were young.
Ultra Storm
CO
CO

Re:

Postby Ploumeur » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:26 pm

Ultra Storm wrote:Come to think of it, where is the chess clock visible? I can't remember seeing it.

The chess clock is not visible. However, I have counted (a low estimation of) 86 days for excrimo in the game 1, while he has right to 49 days. I'm almost certain it's higher in the other games.

Ultra Storm wrote:And this only affects the choice of turn orders, but it would still be possible for me to have that right, since the game against Abroxas would still continue.

Abroxas can claim 144 to 344 points, Walkerboh can claim 88.5 to 288.5 points, you can claim 100 to 200 points, Xushu can claim 44.5 to 144.5 points, and McLuvin 0 to 100 points. Actually, if the games had continued, only Abroxas and you were assured to continue to the Round 2, and only Abroxas, Walkerboh and you could top the Round 1 (Xushu couldn't, because it's impossible in the game 5 for Abroxas to have less than 0.5 pts and you to have less than 44.5 pts at the same time).

So yes, you could have the right, but as the alliances and the balance of power are going, I decided it was in the interest of everyone to close the round 1 now, and to give Abroxas the choice of turn orders. However, since it's an important criterion with the map I choosed for the Round 2, the map may be changed. You can propose me some other maps which resemble Tetrahedron.
Ploumeur
Artillery
Artillery

Postby Ultra Storm » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:32 pm

Ploumeur wrote:
Ultra Storm wrote:Come to think of it, where is the chess clock visible? I can't remember seeing it.

The chess clock is not visible. However, I have counted (a low estimation of) 86 days for excrimo in the game 1, while he has right to 49 days. I'm almost certain it's higher in the other games.
But I have to wonder if he was aware of his chess clock running out, given that he couldn't see it. Did you send him notices about it before?
Ultra Storm
CO
CO

Re:

Postby Ploumeur » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:04 pm

Ultra Storm wrote:
Ploumeur wrote:

But I have to wonder if he was aware of his chess clock running out, given that he couldn't see it. Did you send him notices about it before?

Yes. I told him on February 7th that his chess clock was below 0 in game 1 and game 5, and around 0 in the game 3 and game 4. I remind him that anybody could ask me to boot him. Seeing that he continued to take more than 3 real days per game day, and abused the AET script shutdown, I sent him a last PM on March 10th.
Ploumeur
Artillery
Artillery

Postby Ultra Storm » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:24 am

Out of curiosity, did McLuvin really go inactive in all the games in which he was booted or did he let himself get booted? If he went inactive, it would mean that all the active players advanced.
Ultra Storm
CO
CO

Re: DART Season 3 - Round 1 *CLOSED*

Postby Walker » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:28 pm

Mcluvin didn't go inactive, he allowed himself to be booted. He was pretty clear about that.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Ultra Storm » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:24 pm

walkerboh01 wrote:Mcluvin didn't go inactive, he allowed himself to be booted. He was pretty clear about that.
I see. I thought it might have been inactivity because he had few games left.
Ultra Storm
CO
CO

Postby Walker » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:41 pm

Mcluvin wrote:I will continue with the DART because I figure I at least owe it to my allies to help them through the first round, but I don't plan on going to round two.

That's from his "C'ya" thread. He also sent a press after you resigned in Game 7 not that long ago saying he was resigning from the match. As I said, he made it pretty clear.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Re: DART Season 3 - Round 1 closed

Postby xushu » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:11 pm

Ploumeur wrote: ...The finalists are Abroxas, Walkerboh, Ultra Storm and Xushu...

Wait... I did not lose? Huh, imagine that...
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi
xushu
Tank
Tank

Postby Mcluvin » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:07 pm

Haha... Actually, I resigned in one and got booted accidentally from two others. I was doing some massive stalling before I announced my extended break in hopes that I'd get back in the mood for AW. It bit me in the ass in both of those games and in the teamless team game. I felt pretty stupid about it. Don't worry about it, though; I quickly got over it (in case some of you were concerned about my well-being :wink: ).
Mcluvin
Tank
Tank

PreviousNext

Return to AWBW Tournaments