Neo Ladder

Forum for AWBW Tournaments

Moderator: Forum Mods

Neo Ladder

Postby LadderAdmin » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:15 am

Last update:
Page 54, ichbinsehselber post

Note:
-When challenging on a non-ladder map, link the map accordingly.
-When posting, please bold anything you need one of the admins to see
ex:
LadderAdmin wrote: I would like to challenge Narts on Rainy. Have fun, it will be good, etc...

Want new maps? PM this account with the maplink and the map may be added with proper bans.

Ladder rankings and current challenges:

1) ichbinsehselber
2) blanci1
3) Kamuscha
4) Abroxas
5) excrimophalus 1
6) xushu

Incoming fire:
Headphone

Hall of fame:
UltraStorm: 8 wins
(Excrimophalus) (Psychoguy) (Taz) (Mrapex)(Mcluvin)(Dragunov14)(walkerboh01)(xiaoniao)
fdkanns: 6 wins
(blanci1) (julberndt) (Kamuscha) (ichbinsehselber) (psycho guy) (walkerboh01)
ichbinsehselber: 3 wins
(Kamuscha) (blanci1) (excrimophalus 1)

Busy:
6) Taz, 12) Narts, 9) Evil_Cereal_Killer, 11) Sancho, 15) MarioFanaticXV, 16) Snipur, 10) airob, 6) mrapex, 14) Heartless, 12) funwes, 13) DuelStriker, 6) Lyoner, 11) EchelonThree, 13) Mithos, 15) Harmony Bunny, 16) sikballer, 13) Ratatoskr, 6) Ultra Storm, 6) Mcluvin, 6) psycho guy, 9) headphone, 8) Knukp, 6) walkerboh01, 6) fdkanns

Current Tier list (viable for change), used only for non-ladder approved maps:

Broken: Colin, Kanbei, Sensei, Hachi, Grit, Javier2T+
Tier 1: Javier1T, Sami, Sturm, Von Bolt
Tier 2: Nell
Tier 3: Sasha, Kindle, Sonja (fog)
Tier 4: Rachel, Eagle
Tier 5: Grimm, Hawke, Lash, Andy
Tier 6: Adder, Koal, Max, Drake, Olaf, Jake, Javier0T
Tier 7: Jess, Flak, Jugger, Sonja (no fog)

Maps under review:
Coastal Conquest
Hot Mot
Isolated Paradise
The Smoking Eye
Aphotic Arena

Rules

1) Every player (except new arrivals) has a rank in the ladder, and can climb by challenging other players. The players who challenges is the challenger, and the other one the defender. You can only challenge people ranked at most 5 ranks higher than you, and no lower than you.
2) You can make at most two challenges at a given time.
3) You cannot refuse a challenge if you are (strictly) less games where you are the defender running than games where you are the challenger. If you are in the top 5, you cannot refuse a challenge unless you already have three games running where you are defending.
4) The defender has two weeks to accept or decline, and create the game on one of the maps below. The challenger chooses the map from the maps listed below. The defender chooses which side to take and if fog is on or off.
The rules are: clear weather, funds 1000, starting funds 0, black bombs banned, powers on, no tags.
By agreement of both players, CO powers may be off, Black Bombs unbanned, other units banned, tags on, funds changed, basically anything.
CO bans are given in the map descriptions; Optional COs can be banned or not (but if one is, all must be), as the defender wishes; Sonja is added to the optional list in FoW. Boot/AET should be set at 5/7.
5) The winner of a game takes the place of the loser, and everyone between them goes down one step.
6.1) If a player does not answer a challenge within two weeks, he takes the place of the challenger and everyone between them goes up one step, except if he has no other game running: in this case he is made to step out of the ladder. (see point 8 ). This applies to any loss by default. A reasonable attempt at contacting the absent player is encouraged before a loss by default will be called.
6.2) If a challenger does not join a game within one week, the challenge becomes null and void.
7) A yet unranked player can enter the ladder. With his two first challenges he can challenge whoever he wants. If he wins one, he takes the place of the loser. If he loses both, he is added at the bottom of the ladder.
8 ) A busy player is allowed to step out of the ladder. Whenever he has more time he can go back to his former place, except if he was in the top 5, in which case he goes back to the 6th place.
9) Vacations: If you are going on vacation, you can step out of the ladder for the duration of this vacation. (you have to ask!) If the vacation is more than one week long, the players who challenged you can challenge someone else.
10) Be fair: play and do not stall the games! If obvious stalling is found, the game can be judged a loss by default by ladder admins after a reasonable attempt at contacting the stalling player. It's not our intent to call games, this rule exists in case it is absolutely needed.

Maps

Blastwave Ban: Colin, Hachi, Grit, Kanbei, Sensei, Sturm (Optional: Javier, Sami, Von Bolt, Kindle, Nell, Max)

Toilet Flush: Ban: Colin, Hachi, Grit, Kanbei, Sensei (Optional: Von Bolt, Sturm, Sami, Kindle, Sasha, Lash, Javier, Eagle, Nell)

Urban and Rural: Ban Colin,Hachi,Grit,Sensei,Kanbei (Optional: Von Bolt, Sami, Sturm, Sahsa, Kindle, Lash, Nell)

Bent out of Shape: Ban Colin, Hachi, Grit, Sensei, Kanbei (Optional: Von Bolt, Sami, Sturm, Kindle, Eagle, Sasha, Javier, Nell)

Sublock Bridge: Ban Colin, Hachi, Grit, Sensei, Kanbei (Optional: Von Bolt, Sami, Sturm, Kindle, Eagle, Sasha, Nell)

Comotion: Ban Colin, Hachi, Grit, Sensei, Kanbei (Optional: Von Bolt, Sami, Sturm, Kindle, Eagle, Sasha, Lash, Javier, Nell)

Somewhere Far Beyond: Ban Colin, Hachi, Grit, Sensei, Kanbei (Optional: Von Bolt, Sami, Sturm, Kindle, Sasha, Javier, Nell, Rachel)

North Star: Ban Colin, Hachi, Grit, Sensei, Kanbei (Optional: Von Bolt, Sami, Sturm, Kindle, Sasha, Lash, Nell)

Strategos: Ban Colin, Hachi, Grit, Sensei, Kanbei (Optional: Von Bolt, Sami, Sturm, Kindle, Sasha, Nell)

Whirlish Rivers: Ban Colin, Hachi, Grit, Sensei, Kanbei (Optional: Von Bolt, Sami, Sturm, Kindle, Nell)

Orbital Ring: Ban Colin, Hachi, Grit, Sensei, Kanbei (Optional: Von Bolt, Sami, Sturm, Kindle, Sasha, Nell, Eagle, Javier)

Rainy: Ban Colin, Hachi, Grit, Sensei, Kanbei (Optional: Von Bolt, Sami, Sturm, Kindle, Sasha, Nell)

Atlas: Ban Colin, Hachi, Grit, Sensei, Kanbei, Sami, Sturm (Optional: Von Bolt, Kindle, Sasha, Nell, Lash, Javier)

Let's Kill Melon Land: Ban Colin, Hachi, Grit, Sensei, Kanbei, Sami (Optional: Von Bolt, Sturm, Kindle, Sasha, Lash, Nell, Javier)

Crossfire: Ban Colin, Hachi, Grit, Sensei, Kanbei, Sami (Optional: Von Bolt, Sturm, Kindle, Nell, Lash)

Caustic Finale: Ban Colin, Hachi, Grit, Sensei, Kanbei (Optional: Von Bolt, Sami, Sturm, Kindle, Sasha, Javier, Nell)

Lost Butterfly: Ban Colin, Hachi, Grit, Sensei, Kanbei, Sturm (Optional: Von Bolt, Nell, Sami, Kindle, Sasha, Lash, Javier)

A wonderfull way: Ban Colin, Hachi, Sensei, Kanbei, Grit, Sturm (Optional: Lash, Von Bolt, Kindle, Nell, Sasha, Eagle, Javier, Sami)

Aria of War: Ban Colin, Hachi, Grit, Sensei, Kanbei, Sturm (Optional: Lash, Sasha, Von Bolt, Kindle, Nell, Javier, Sami)

Cranberries: Ban Colin, Hachi, Grit, Sensei, Kanbei (Optional: Sturm, Eagle, Von Bolt, Sami, Kindle, Nell, Rachel)

el rio acelguate loco!: Ban Colin, Hachi, Grit, Sensei, Kanbei, Sturm (Optional: Von Bolt, Sami, Nell, Kindle, Sasha, Javier, Lash)

Road To Nowhere: Ban Colin, Hachi, Grit, Sensei, Kanbei, Sturm (Optional: Von Bolt, Sami, Kindle, Nell, Sasha, Eagle, Lash, Javier)

Antrich Swamp: Ban Colin, Hachi, Grit, Sensei, Kanbei, Sturm (Optional: Kindle, Nell, Von Bolt, Sami, Sasha, Eagle)

Judgement: Ban Colin, Hachi, Grit, Sensei, Kanbei, Sturm (Optional: Von Bolt, Sasha, Javier, Eagle, Nell, Kindle, Sami)

Illumination: Ban Colin, Hachi, Grit, Sensei, Kanbei, Sturm (Optional: Von Bolt, Kindle, Nell, Sami, Sasha, Eagle, Lash, Javier)

Bible Black: Ban Colin, Hachi, Grit, Sensei, Kanbei, Sturm (Optional: Von Bolt, Nell, Kindle, Sami, Sasha, Eagle, Javier)

Chains of Clover: Ban Colin, Hachi, Grit, Sensei, Kanbei (Optional: Sturm, Von Bolt, Sami, Kindle, Nell, Sasha, Eagle)

Contact: Ban Colin, Hachi, Grit, Sensei, Kanbei (Optional: Sturm, Von Bolt, Nell, Kindle, Sami, Sasha, Javier, Drake)

Ocean Current: Ban Colin, Hachi, Sensei, Grit, Kanbei, Sturm (Optional: Von Bolt, Kindle, Nell, Sami, Sasha, Eagle, Lash)

First to Fall: Ban Colin, Grit, Hachi, Sensei, Kanbei, Sturm (Optional: Von Bolt, Kindle, Nell, Sami, Eagle, Sasha)

Dancing Pit: Ban Colin, Hachi, Grit, Sensei, Kanbei (Optional: Sturm, Von Bolt, Nell, Kindle, Sami, Sasha, Eagle)

Fatal Duel: Ban Colin, Hachi, Grit, Sensei, Kanbei (Optional: Sturm, Von Bolt, Nell, Sami, Kindle)

Bomber Strikes: Ban Colin, Hachi, Grit, Sensei, Kanbei (Optional: Sturm, Von Bolt, Nell, Sami, Kindle, Eagle, Sasha)

Anubis: Ban Colin, Hachi, Grit, Sensei, Kanbei (Optional: Sturm, Von Bolt, Nell, Kindle, Sami, Sasha)

Moats and Black Boats: Ban Colin, Hachi, Grit, Sensei, Kanbei, Sturm (Optional: Lash, Von Bolt, Sami, Kindle, Sasha, Nell)

Upping The Ante: Ban Colin, Hachi, Sensei, Grit, Kanbei, Sturm (Optional: Sami, Von Bolt, Nell, Kindle, Lash, Sasha)

Scorpion Operation: Ban Colin, Hachi, Sensei, Grit, Kanbei, Sturm (Optional: Sami, Von Bolt, Nell, Kindle, Lash, Sasha, Eagle)

Dizziness: Ban Colin, Hachi, Sensei, Grit, Kanbei (Optional: Sturm, Sami, Von Bolt, Nell, Kindle, Lash, Sasha, Eagle)

Panopticon: Ban Colin, Hachi, Sensei, Grit, Kanbei, Sturm (Optional: Sami, Von Bolt, Nell, Kindle, Lash, Sasha, Javier)
Last edited by LadderAdmin on Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:24 am, edited 202 times in total.
LadderAdmin
Infantry
Infantry

Postby Cassowary » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:20 am

I'm in.

1st. :D
"The rationalizations for greed is endless. These folks also tend to project their own greed on anybody they want to exploit. It's a "rip them off before they rip me off" consciousness."
Cassowary
Recon
Recon

Postby mrapex » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:24 am

In it to win it

amarriner wrote:I'm always here. I come every day, but don't always post ... don't worry I'm not going anywhere.
mrapex
Md. Tank
Md. Tank

Postby MarioFanaticXV » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:07 am

Count me in.
"The mind shall vanquish the sword." - Richard Cansino as Sima Yi in Dynasty Warriors 5
MarioFanaticXV
Infantry
Infantry

Postby airob » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:13 am

i would join if there were a wider selection of maps, i know all the thing about "maps that have been playtested for 5 years are balanced" and stuff, but really, the only maps i haven´t played on like a thousand times are toilet flush, tributary and sublock bridges

ALSO: why did they make another ladderadmin account?
Last edited by airob on Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

walkerboh on PM: Also it isn't a tag game either. Were you
drunk when you made this? haha

<@FCK> I just used scissors on some ass till they bled had just now
<@FCK> *hard

<Fanboy> doood
<airob> ?
<Fanboy> r u trying to seduce me O_O

<Walker> at least fdk only fucks with me

<Mr--Clean> well theres a new country
<Mr--Clean> called bare flesh
<Walker> Sounds hot. The HQ is probably a dick
airob
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Cereal Killer » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:24 am

I'm gonna join I guess
Cereal Killer
CO
CO

Location: Taking a temporary vacation from hell to go to college

Postby Falkenwing » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:52 am

I suck yet I will join.
Falkenwing
Md. Tank
Md. Tank

Postby funwes » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:27 am

Sign me up.
Code: Select all
Mr--Clean> that moment when you put something in your mouth and you have NO idea what it is and spit it out

Code: Select all
Walker> i was innocent once
Walker> then loli came along
funwes
CO
CO

Postby Ultra Storm » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:31 pm

How will the initial positions of the players be determined?
Your notion of ”right” is what was imprinted in you since you were young.
Ultra Storm
CO
CO

Postby Sothis » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:40 pm

I might also suggest a change to the maps. Instead of having a list of approved maps (which requires a lot of time and effort from the admins and results in a very stale list after a short time), why not just allow any maps from the S or A Rank lists? Not including A-Rank Pending, of course. Those map lists are there for a reason you know. ;)

The only change would be that you would not have a list of bans and optionals for each map. Instead you just follow the rules as written (defender chooses CO bans, rule 4). If the challenger wishes to play certain COs he can always request a specific ban list when making the challenge. This is the same way all special rules are implemented during a challenge: someone asks, the other agrees or not.

I think this would work perfectly as it only hinges on whether the S and A Rank maps are balanced. But if they're not, they shouldn't be on those lists eh?

A suggestion to make this even simpler:

Establish official CO Tiers for use as bans. This would make the CO Tier thread actually useful for once. For starters I'd say use US's list as follows:

Broken: Colin, Kanbei, Sensei, Hachi, Grit, Javier2T+
Tier 1: Javier1T, Sami, Sturm, Von Bolt
Tier 2: Nell
Tier 3: Sasha, Kindle, Sonja (fog)
Tier 4: Rachel, Eagle, Grimm
Tier 5: Andy, Lash, Adder, Max, Hawke
Tier 6: Koal, Drake, Olaf, Jake, Javier0T
Tier 7: Jess, Flak, Jugger, Sonja (no fog)

So the defender would accept the challenge, and list the appropriate Tier in addition to the usual info. So a "Tier 3" game would allow all COs from Tier 3 and worse (4,5,6,7). And players could even play ladder games using brokens (finally)!

Bottom line: you can delete all the maps from the first post and just add the Tier list. Also update Rule 4 to say "The challenger chooses a map from the S or A Rank list..."
No one, not even you, can know your true potential if you are not harshly tested.
Sothis
Md. Tank
Md. Tank

Postby Falkenwing » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:47 pm

I find Sothis' idea good, but I would recommend it optional. Maybe the defender wants to ban just the brokens and Flak (indirect bomber.). Though you could say "Tier 7" if you want to play with those COs.
Aw crap....large maps. I shall defend my honor!Small maps ftw!
Falkenwing
Md. Tank
Md. Tank

Postby EchelonThree » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:10 am

I'm good to sign up if the new tierlist and map proposal is implemented.
Kamuscha wrote:
nerd-boy wrote:Damn straight.
how is it straight if its been derailed? xD

Zovea on Rocket Armor
Zovea wrote:rocket armor isnt that much stronger than art armor anyways
EchelonThree
Rocket
Rocket

Postby Cassowary » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:30 am

I disagree with using a general tier list that covers every map under it - the map defines the tier list. Expect to see the same CO played in every game on map "x" with this idea. Each map should have its on independent tier list.
"The rationalizations for greed is endless. These folks also tend to project their own greed on anybody they want to exploit. It's a "rip them off before they rip me off" consciousness."
Cassowary
Recon
Recon

Postby mrapex » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:01 am

Cassowary wrote:I disagree with using a general tier list that covers every map under it - the map defines the tier list. Expect to see the same CO played in every game on map "x" with this idea. Each map should have its on independent tier list.

Well, this person is doing the regular ladder, still bound to the original ban list... with the option to use other maps.

Anyway, might i suggest seeding for the ranks at first?

Or you could just pick it randomly and everything will work out eventually.

edit:
OMG:AND! you can add a 'new maps' thing! for new maps that people might try out!
Last edited by mrapex on Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

amarriner wrote:I'm always here. I come every day, but don't always post ... don't worry I'm not going anywhere.
mrapex
Md. Tank
Md. Tank

Postby xushu » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:58 am

I'll give it a shot... might as well put my reputation on the line~ ^_^
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi
xushu
Tank
Tank

Next

Return to AWBW Tournaments