AW/FE by Web

AWBW/FEBW Forum
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Diplomatic And Ruthless Tournament 2009 (Won by Ultra Storm)

Forum for AWBW Tournaments

Moderator: Forum Mods

Postby Ploumeur » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:04 pm

Ultra Storm wrote:But why do we have to broadcast a message when you can read from the log when each turn ended?

AWBW wrote:You can't view the log on a game that has fog until it's over!

Fog was one of your suggestions, and I found it interesting to try it at least one time.

Now, I will set fog off only if everyone agrees (i.e. every finalist tell me by MP that he asks fog to be off).
Advance Wars best advice: "Build more infantries."
User avatar
Ploumeur
Artillery
Artillery
 
Posts: 727
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:33 pm
Location: Spann Island

Postby Ultra Storm » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:42 pm

Ploumeur wrote:
Ultra Storm wrote:But why do we have to broadcast a message when you can read from the log when each turn ended?

AWBW wrote:You can't view the log on a game that has fog until it's over!

Fog was one of your suggestions, and I found it interesting to try it at least one time.

Now, I will set fog off only if everyone agrees (i.e. every finalist tell me by MP that he asks fog to be off).
Right.
Image
Your notion of ”right” is what was imprinted in you since you were young.
User avatar
Ultra Storm
CO
CO
 
Posts: 3615
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:55 pm
Location: Transcendence

Postby Ploumeur » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:42 pm

Dhomochevsky is booted from the tournament (even if he gave a sign of life the Feb 1st at 00:00:01+00GMT, you are ruthless or you are not).

The 5th best player is Fungi, which has left his place for others. The coin toss decided to put MrApex at the 6th place, and he has accepted to join.


We're waiting for Benbever to give me the list of turn orders. Then I will create the game (and drop while 1, 2 or 3 players have joined).

I hope to start the game next Monday.
Advance Wars best advice: "Build more infantries."
User avatar
Ploumeur
Artillery
Artillery
 
Posts: 727
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:33 pm
Location: Spann Island

Postby Dhomochevsky » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:54 am

Ploumeur wrote:I'll give Dhomo until early February to appear.


Early February wrote:Dhomo appears...
benbever wrote:Financial crisis on awbw: everybody goes on vacation.
User avatar
Dhomochevsky
Fighter
Fighter
 
Posts: 1430
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:16 am
Location: Kamuscha

Postby Ploumeur » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:23 pm

...
Advance Wars best advice: "Build more infantries."
User avatar
Ploumeur
Artillery
Artillery
 
Posts: 727
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:33 pm
Location: Spann Island

Postby Harti » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:55 pm

Where is Cassowary when you need him to bitch about definitions, in this case the definition of "early February"?
Image
The IRC wrote:[23:17] <Glenstorm> I'm just a jerk
[23:17] <Glenstorm> why do you listen to me
____________________________
[00:39] <Smacky> I think loli should be illegal
[00:39] <Smacky> and star craft
____________________________
[21:22] <airob> i´ll brb in some minutes...i´m doing some pies
[21:22] <airob> :P
User avatar
Harti
Map Committee
Map Committee
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 4:31 pm
Location: Germany

Postby Ploumeur » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:23 pm

You're very lucky, MrApex lets you his place. But I give you only 21 days in the clock system.

We're now waiting for benbever, he has until Friday 00:00 GMT+0200 (equivalent to Thursday 22:00 GMT+0000) to give me the list of turn order lists, else he gets a penality of 5 days and UltraStorm chooses.
Advance Wars best advice: "Build more infantries."
User avatar
Ploumeur
Artillery
Artillery
 
Posts: 727
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:33 pm
Location: Spann Island

Postby Dhomochevsky » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:47 am

Ploumeur wrote:But I give you only 21 days in the clock system.


haha children children :roll:

Ploumeur wrote:We're now waiting for benbever, he has until Friday 00:00 GMT+0200 (equivalent to Thursday 22:00 GMT+0000) to give me the list of turn order lists, else he gets a penality of 5 days and UltraStorm chooses.


so not running in 'who got the most points last round' order then ;)
benbever wrote:Financial crisis on awbw: everybody goes on vacation.
User avatar
Dhomochevsky
Fighter
Fighter
 
Posts: 1430
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:16 am
Location: Kamuscha

Postby Ploumeur » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:57 am

Dhomochevsky wrote:
Ploumeur wrote:But I give you only 21 days in the clock system.

haha children children :roll:

It corresponds to the 9 days you weren't here early February.

Dhomochevsky wrote:
Ploumeur wrote:We're now waiting for benbever, he has until Friday 00:00 GMT+0200 (equivalent to Thursday 22:00 GMT+0000) to give me the list of turn order lists, else he gets a penality of 5 days and UltraStorm chooses.

so not running in 'who got the most points last round' order then ;)

You've been retrograded to the 6th place, the order is now Ben US Hellraider (Fungi) (Apex) you.
Advance Wars best advice: "Build more infantries."
User avatar
Ploumeur
Artillery
Artillery
 
Posts: 727
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:33 pm
Location: Spann Island

Postby Harti » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:15 pm

Sorry to interfere...

What sense does it make to give Dhomo a penalty for being 9 days late while the game has not even started because someone else is 9 days late choosing the order and stuff?
Image
The IRC wrote:[23:17] <Glenstorm> I'm just a jerk
[23:17] <Glenstorm> why do you listen to me
____________________________
[00:39] <Smacky> I think loli should be illegal
[00:39] <Smacky> and star craft
____________________________
[21:22] <airob> i´ll brb in some minutes...i´m doing some pies
[21:22] <airob> :P
User avatar
Harti
Map Committee
Map Committee
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 4:31 pm
Location: Germany

Postby Ploumeur » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:10 pm

My goal is to finish the tournament before next summer. Consider that I give 21 days to everyone plus 9 days to everyone who hasn't postponed the finale for 6 months.
Advance Wars best advice: "Build more infantries."
User avatar
Ploumeur
Artillery
Artillery
 
Posts: 727
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:33 pm
Location: Spann Island

Postby Dhomochevsky » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:31 pm

Harti wrote:What sense does it make to give Dhomo a penalty for being 9 days late while the game has not even started because someone else is 9 days late choosing the order and stuff?


It seems Ploumeur has his own form of logic, which does not necessarily correspond to the real world.

But random unwarranted penalties aside, lets start the game!
benbever wrote:Financial crisis on awbw: everybody goes on vacation.
User avatar
Dhomochevsky
Fighter
Fighter
 
Posts: 1430
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:16 am
Location: Kamuscha

Postby benbever » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:11 pm

Contemplating turn order...
Calculating...
Inserting #RND...

orange star - dhomo
blue moon - ultrastorm
green earth - hellraider
black hole - benbever

Boot/AET: 20 real days/infinite, but there will be some kind of chess clock system

What if the game gets deleted after two weeks of inactivity? what will the chess clock do then?

So the game is FOW, ok.
What about the FOW "glitches" ??
In a game this big there will inevitably be some. Will we just play along with them?
benbever
CO
CO
 
Posts: 3415
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:22 pm
Location: NL

Postby Ploumeur » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:33 pm

Dhomochevsky wrote:It seems Ploumeur has his own form of logic, which does not necessarily correspond to the real world.

It's not logical. It's an application of the "don't piss me off" implicit rule, and this allows me to give you a penalty which depends of my current mood.

benbever wrote:What if the game gets deleted after two weeks of inactivity? what will the chess clock do then?

Usually, games disappear after three weeks of inactivity, i.e. 21 days.

benbever wrote:So the game is FOW, ok.
What about the FOW "glitches" ??
In a game this big there will inevitably be some. Will we just play along with them?

Yes.

Game: DART 2009 Finale
Password: awbw

One after one, Benbever (BH), Ultra Storm (BM), Hellraider (GE) and Dhomochevsky (OS) join. Pick your country color as soon as you can.
Advance Wars best advice: "Build more infantries."
User avatar
Ploumeur
Artillery
Artillery
 
Posts: 727
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:33 pm
Location: Spann Island

Postby Dhomochevsky » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:45 pm

Well it's good to know that fairness, equality and a level playing field are not a part of ploumeur's tournaments.

Anyway, i'm guaranteed to forget to send the pm so will almost certainly not survive to the end, so it's kamikaze missions all the way haha!

Rock on :lol:
benbever wrote:Financial crisis on awbw: everybody goes on vacation.
User avatar
Dhomochevsky
Fighter
Fighter
 
Posts: 1430
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:16 am
Location: Kamuscha

PreviousNext

Return to AWBW Tournaments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group