It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

I was once a very powerful AW player

This is the place to look for opponents on AWBW

Moderator: Forum Mods

I was once a very powerful AW player

Postby jirimaru » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:18 am

Hi there,

Just as the topic states by itself (sic), I was once a veteran at this game. Sadly time caught up with me and I no longer play it (the game, that is).

However, if any of you, manly enough, wishes to challenge me to a duel, I'm up for it.
Consider it my official statement. It was fun while it lasted, many a nights went sleepless even! :) Oh how I crack when I think about the time I built a mega-tank and my opponent simply crushed me with his infantry troops. Maybe I wasn't that good? Who knows.

You've heard it here first, folks. Jirimaru-the-mighty has been laid to rest.
jirimaru
Infantry
Infantry

Re: I was once a very powerful AW player

Postby Walker » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:33 pm

Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby fdkanns » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:48 pm

at least you have never been as noobish as me :oops:
fdkanns
Anti-Air
Anti-Air

Postby CO Raven » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:26 am

I spy with my little eye a claim to be good followed by a declaration of having retired, an open challenge to all, and then proof of noobishness. What can this be called but an oversized oxymoron?
CO Raven
Anti-Air
Anti-Air

Postby jirimaru » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:39 am

That was just a slip, you know. I wasn't really that bad. I just gave him the right to win, really.

fdkanns wrote:at least you have never been as noobish as me :oops:

Why thank you! Saw a couple of your games. You have good tactix.

CO Raven wrote:I spy with my little eye a claim to be good followed by a declaration of having retired, an open challenge to all, and then proof of noobishness. What can this be called but an oversized oxymoron?

Son, I spy with my third eye a boy who recently joined this community. Son, I was playing AW when you were merely a larva! So : who are you to judge me, tadpole?
jirimaru
Infantry
Infantry

Postby Mori » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:34 am

CO Raven wrote:I spy with my little eye a claim to be good followed by a declaration of having retired, an open challenge to all, and then proof of noobishness. What can this be called but an oversized oxymoron?

jirimaru wrote:Son, I spy with my third eye a boy who recently joined this community. Son, I was playing AW when you were merely a larva! So : who are you to judge me, tadpole?

How much time you've spent here doesn't mean all that much, just look at me haha. Also, I'm pretty sure CO Raven would destroy me if we ever played.
Mori
Tank
Tank

Postby jirimaru » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:15 pm

Mori wrote:

jirimaru wrote:Son, I spy with my third eye a boy who recently joined this community. Son, I was playing AW when you were merely a larva! So : who are you to judge me, tadpole?

How much time you've spent here doesn't mean all that much, just look at me haha. Also, I'm pretty sure CO Raven would destroy me if we ever played.

I have no doubts about CO Raven's power. What I'm saying is: back in my prime, I ate guys like that for breakfast. So a tad of respect is something I do deserve.
jirimaru
Infantry
Infantry

Postby Walker » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:49 pm

You deserve nothing and you'll get even less.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby jirimaru » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:04 pm

Walker wrote:You deserve nothing and you'll get even less.

Look what the cat dragged in! Son, who are you exactly? Were you around in 2006? That faulty breathing mouth of yours spews yellowish liquid at me, I respectfully ask the Admin to ban this rump!
jirimaru
Infantry
Infantry

Postby headphone » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:24 am

6/10 Points for flair, but otherwise kind of obvious.
Mr Clean wrote:im curious as to why anybody would know what a gynacologist does off the top of their head
headphone
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby CO Raven » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:41 pm

However old one might be, if he says that one plus one is three, he's wrong.
CO Raven
Anti-Air
Anti-Air

Postby Mr--Clean » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:52 pm

I dont know... this guy might have just come back from some grueling training in the mountains for his eventual return and catch everyone by surprise
Mr--Clean
Artillery
Artillery

Postby jirimaru » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:50 am

Mr--Clean wrote:I dont know... this guy might have just come back from some grueling training in the mountains for his eventual return and catch everyone by surprise

You're onto something, Meister Proper.

Anyways.

Advance Wars 1 - 100% clear rate, "A" badge
Advance Wars 2 - 100%, "S" rating
Advance Wars Dual Strike - completed campaign in just 5 days, don't remember the rating
Advance Wars Days of Ruin - this game, sadly, I couldn't complete. The mechanics were off-the-hook.

The earlier games (those prior to AW1) I couldn't play.
jirimaru
Infantry
Infantry

Postby theether » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:26 pm

now if only those stats would tell something about how good a player is...
On the other hand: successful troll is successful :roll:
theether
Recon
Recon

Postby nyvelion » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:12 pm

I think I'd rather give this guy a shot. I was much more actively playing Advance Wars games in 2006 too, and I used to be much better than I am now, since I'm not still here for serious games anymore... just some other miscellaneous reasons.

Maybe this guy I've never heard of has a similar story. Though "a very powerful AW player" does seem like an odd claim, I'm going to try out being trustful and believe this guy until proven otherwise.

Jirimaru, will you play a game of AWBW with me? I haven't actually been able to force myself to try a serious AWBW game since that guy Zovea disappointed me years ago, and I don't feel like relearning how to be good at this game since it was hard enough the first time. I never did get to beat all the veterans as I knew them in 2006. Perhaps I got close once, but never quite accomplished it. It would be fun and a great research opportunity for me, using the tactics I learned in 2006, to play someone else who was more active here in that year.
nyvelion
Fighter
Fighter

Next

Return to Opponent Search