AWBW/FEBW Forum
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Limited High Funds *Update*

This is the place to look for opponents on AWBW

Moderator: Forum Mods

Re: Limited High Funds *Update*

Postby hetchel » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:48 pm

Kamuscha wrote:It was surprising to find that Grit buckled under Olaf since he is hailed as a broken CO. I'm thinking that maybe Grit is more situational than broken in LHF.

It may be the case. And Olaf is stronger in LHF (more damage to more units, more money loss).

Your opponent's right front was weak, he was caught totally unprepared by your early winter.

I didn't like his unit types either.
Kamuscha had 39 units: 13 Infantries, 1 APC, 2 Artilleries, 16 Tanks, 2 Anti-Airs, 2 B-Copters, 2 Rockets, 1 Stealth
theether had 44 units: 18 Infantries, 4 Mechs, 1 APC, 10 Artilleries, 4 Tanks, 2 Anti-Airs, 1 B-Copter, 1 Missile, 2 Rockets, 1 Fighter

You play Olaf and have 16 Tanks. Good.
He plays Grit and has only 10 Artilleries... Bad. You attack, he can't damage you back.

Also, he let you kill his Fighter without gaining anything.
hetchel
Anti-Air
Anti-Air

Postby CO Raven » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:06 pm

Grit is not nearly as strong in the LHF as he is normally because he can't do tempo as well. Still, he should be strong. I think its more that Olaf is just really strong too with the scop leading to mass damage and more confrontation which leaves the enemy units with counter difficulty in the following turn.
CO Raven
Anti-Air
Anti-Air

Postby Mori » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:22 am

I think I might be liking 150k fund start more than 100k fund start, but I also think I need to get some more games in to really decide there. I'll try to get some more games and maps out, but for the time being, Zero Vector, Zanshin, and High Society all seem to work pretty well if anyone wants to help out. Zero Vector and Zanshin both offer the time to build up a decent collection of units before the first big engagements due to the terraining and fronts, which helps to encourage more diverse unit builds in this game type.

Also, in terms of Grit vs Olaf, I agree with everything said, but would add that High Society favors early directs over indirects. It's a bit harder for Grit to set up a decent wall due to the front design. Certainly not impossible, but there are probably better choices for High Society, like Max, Olaf, Von Bolt, etc. I still think that Grit's fairly decent in the pile of Upper Tier COs here.
Mori
Tank
Tank

Postby theether » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:36 pm

Woah! Don't downrate Grit only because of one game!
It's more like the difference in skill/experience between Kamuscha and me offsets Grit vs Olaf (I'm playing awbw for just 2 months now)

About that Fighter: I must've miscounted the distance to the AA or totally missed it.
theether
Recon
Recon

Postby CO Raven » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:14 pm

I'm not discounting him at all, nor am I doing it due to the game. Its entirely based on my own analysis.
CO Raven
Anti-Air
Anti-Air

Postby Mori » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:20 pm

http://awbw.amarriner.com/gamescurrent. ... s_id=58226
http://awbw.amarriner.com/gamescurrent. ... s_id=58255

Limited High Funds is back woooooooooooo

Seriously, this gametype is far too creative to go unplayed.
Mori
Tank
Tank

Postby Talan_Lysander » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:12 pm

I joined up for two of those already. I'm curious to how this will work out, it seems really interesting.

I'll probably get destroyed due to my lack of experience at this type of game. :lol:
Talan_Lysander
Infantry
Infantry

Postby Mori » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:52 am

Wait a second. Are...are you the Lysander I think you are? As in, "A Blurred Line" Lysander?

I might just join one of these games.
Mori
Tank
Tank

Postby Talan_Lysander » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:25 am

Oh what!? Haha, no that's Lysander86 you're talking about. I could only hope to have the storytelling/gamemaking talent that guy has. I mixed up his nickname with ABL's main character's years ago for a nickname because I wasn't very good at coming up with names myself :oops: (I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?). Never thought anyone would actually recognize that though, it never happened before.
/offtopic

Either way, good luck and have fun with regards to the match. Show me how it's done :D
Talan_Lysander
Infantry
Infantry

Postby Mori » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:01 pm

Cool haha. Also, yeah, if it's a well made game in RPG Maker, I probably know about it. I'm actually working on one of those things as we speak. Also, don't expect me to be amazing, I rarely take non-League matches as seriously as I should, going so far as to forget to capture neutral bases on a regular basis. Just ask Headphone haha. I will say that even in LHF, when in doubt, build cheap units. Move your units in groups, aggressively but carefully. The rest will come naturally with practice. There's a good replay of a LHF game in this thread, actually.
Mori
Tank
Tank

Postby Talan_Lysander » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:05 pm

Great, thanks for the advice. I'll try and not fall into the expensive unit trap here :lol:
Talan_Lysander
Infantry
Infantry

Postby Mori » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:34 am

I mean, feel free to go crazy too, like build 4 stealths or something haha. It's totally up to you, LHF is so new in the grand scheme of things, no one is really an expert at it yet.
Mori
Tank
Tank

Postby Talan_Lysander » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:58 am

I suppose not, but it does make sense that it's better to conserve money than to spend it on super expensive units right off the bat. I mean, if someone goes crazy on neotanks early on, you could just invest all your money advantage on an airforce and win because your opponent doesn't have the funds to counter it anymore, right?

That being said, I'll reserve actual theory-warring until I played a couple games, haha.
Talan_Lysander
Infantry
Infantry

Postby Hellraider » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:24 am

I haven't actually played this mode but at least on paper it is a lot more efficient to build as many infantry as possible to capture and then move right to the expensive units. As the limiting factor are production facilities, there is no chance of being swarmed with cheaper units, and the most expensive threats (megas, stealths, Bships) all require an equally expensive response. Usually you aren't going to win against megas without megas, you absolutely need Bships if sea is relevant at all and while you can deal with Stealths by just building fighters, you are a lot more flexible if you have at least one Stealth of your own.
Hellraider
Rocket
Rocket

Postby Ultra Storm » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:15 pm

Hellraider wrote:I haven't actually played this mode but at least on paper it is a lot more efficient to build as many infantry as possible to capture and then move right to the expensive units. As the limiting factor are production facilities, there is no chance of being swarmed with cheaper units, and the most expensive threats (megas, stealths, Bships) all require an equally expensive response. Usually you aren't going to win against megas without megas, you absolutely need Bships if sea is relevant at all and while you can deal with Stealths by just building fighters, you are a lot more flexible if you have at least one Stealth of your own.
Exactly. Certain high-tier units are heavily underrated in general, and even at lower funds available, megas, stealths and bships would be the way to go. They are simply nigh impossible to deal with using low tech units at normal base capacity.
Your notion of ”right” is what was imprinted in you since you were young.
Ultra Storm
CO
CO

PreviousNext

Return to Opponent Search