AWBW/FEBW Forum
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Grimm's Tier

This is where you can talk Advance Wars or Fire Emblem strategy

Moderator: Forum Mods

Postby Mcluvin » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:35 pm

http://awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=134195
Alright, so apparently 1T Hawke>1T Grimm. Oops. He gets all of Grimm's OHKO's and picks up a couple more. It was more or less a mistake on my part. Lesson learned. Didn't make for a great test of Grimm's strength. It also didn't help that Walker made a couple big mistakes. I was hoping to at least see how the powers would work out, but the game was more of less decided by then.

I've created another game to test him and am looking for a strong Grimm user. This time I'll use Andy on a map without com towers.

Grimmtastic 2
pw: ohko

Once again pw is in lower case letters. It just shows up on the forum as capital letters.
Mcluvin
Tank
Tank

Postby Walker » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:39 am

Yeah it would have been pretty interesting if I hadn't given you a large unit advantage... As it was I wasn't able to set up any kind of protection, and you would have been able to press the advantage without fear of counterattack due to your number advantage. So I just made an all-or-nothing attack and came up with nothing haha.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Kamuscha » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:41 am

It's lookin grim for you, Mcluvin xD.
Kamuscha
CO
CO

Postby Mcluvin » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:47 am

Yes, it is. I was expecting one him to build one recon, but I knew that I could build a tank the next turn to counter it. I did not expect recon spam. I think I'll lose this one. It's worth noting that Grimm has some amazing recons. Sure they can't take much, but the damage they deal to infantry is devastating.
Mcluvin
Tank
Tank

Postby Kamuscha » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:25 pm

recon spamming seems like a popular strategy these days. A tank can only counter one recon at a time due to cost while the other does its own business. And believe it or not, recons are notorious for getting first strikes and obivously, Grimm wins with that style. In this case, 3 are free to take shots without any consequences. That'll spell your end.
Kamuscha
CO
CO

Re: Grimm's Tier

Postby GhostCalib3r » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:41 am

I agree that grimm actually does not have a d2d but rather both players are forced into hyper-aggressiveness, with grimm's opponent still having his d2d.
GhostCalib3r
Infantry
Infantry

Re: Grimm's Tier

Postby GrimmFandango » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:30 pm

I dont know much about tiers but I like using Grimm a lot :D
GrimmFandango
Infantry
Infantry

Previous

Return to Strategy