It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Dreams!

This forum is for serious discussion on anything

Moderator: Forum Mods

Dreams!

Postby Thaugar » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:27 pm

Ever lie back and wonder to yourself? "whatever happened to Thougar?"

Well, as it so happens, something pretty perfect recently!

Besides how well things are looking with my home life and career, I've recently (well, as in since April) got into the whole lucid dreaming thing. Pile of crap, you say? Well, I thought so too, but after lots of trying, reading and learning I've discovered a brand new hobby that's turned being unconscious even more fun than ever!

And it gets better! Remember how I have long, random vivd dreams every so often? Well, thanks to some basic lucid dreaming excersises my dream recall has vastly improved. This means I'm able to remember more of those crazy dreams and they are happening much more frequently :D But I know what you're thinking "what's in this for me?" although secretly you hope you know what that is, and I'm pleased to tell you that you're right! I'll be willing to share these experiences with you all once again! :D

So, without further ado, I'm here to proudly unveil one of my recent dreams:

I was working back at my old job at <shop i worked at back in 2008> in the warehouse in back. It was late and there were only 2 other people in. One was the manager, Phil, the other guy I can't remember. I was running from isle to isle collecting ordered stock, when i tried reaching for something just out of reach. Rather than getting the ladders to reach it, I tried to jump, only instead I began to levitate.

"I've remembered how to levitate!" I thought to myself. I have this sort of dream frequently, so frequently I sometimes forget that I can't in real life, and didn't realize I was dreaming in the dream. As usual, I instantly began to abuse my gift. First, I started just raising and lowering myself, making sure I definitely remembered exactly how to levitate. Then, I floated along the top of the isles over to where the other guy was. I floated into the next section of the warehouse, it was through a doorway and opened into a similar room, except that in one of the walls were large shutters where deliver wagons parked for the loading and unloading of stock.

I levitated down the isle over the guy's head "I've remembered how to levitate!" I yelled down to him. He looked up, looking slightly peeved to see me not working.

"Great," he said. Then went to go back to work.

I threw the item i'd taken off the shelves down at him so it hit him on the back of the head. He looked up again peevishly, I lay back onto my back and levitated backwards slowly, with my arms behind my head as if I were relaxing on the ground. I got to the end of the isle before righting myself, then deciding to go outside. Things go a little blurry here, but i remember levitating over somebody's back yard fence and seeing the back of their house had a pair of glass doors that opened onto a patio. I was high above the roof of their house as I flew over, it then goes blurry again until I get back into the warehouse.

I land gently, but at speed and jog down the isles to the manager, Phil. "Phil! I've remembered how to levitate!" I shout to him excitedly.

"Very good, but you should be working." He says, then hands me a load of stock. "go put those away."

I walk off down an isle, my arms full of small toys, then once he's out of view I push off back into the air. I find the other guy, and then proceed to start raining stock down on him again. He tries to run away, but I levitate after him. Once I run out of stock, I float down to the height of the top shelves and pick things out to throw at him as I lend chase, laughing to myself whilst he shouts obscenities at me for not playing fair.

He gets to the doorway leading into the other room and stops. He stares through the door and gawps, Concerned, I float down to just above the ground and ask him what's wrong. "there's a witch in there." he whispers, then takes a step back, I know he wants me to do the same, but I'm excited and feeling brave with my ability to keep out of reach, so I float through the door back into the room with the deliver entrance.

The lights are now out in the room, and the isles are all gone. The shutters are still open, except now it's dark outside. I can see the stars in the sky just beyond the metal frame. I don't see anything at first, but I hover around in a broad circle, looking for this witch. That's when I spot 2 dark shadows just below me. I was about to pass them overhead. I twisted around as I did, to get a better look. My manager, Phil, Lay on the floor sprawled out. Beside him, wearing dark colors that made her nearly invisible in the darkness was a thin, pale woman with her head bowed and concealed.

The realization that there was a witch suddenly struck me. I realized I was in danger and felt stupid for putting myself in that situation. I think I gasped, because the witch looked up at me and pointed a finger in my direction.

I reacted in an instant and began to levitate away. However, as fun as levitating is, I've never been able to do it quickly. In all honestly I could run faster, but there was no way I was dropping to the ground whilst she was down there. I heard a woman's voice begin chanting behind me, but I didn't dare look back. I focused on my escape route, those metal shutters leading to the delivery yard.

I levitated away as fast as I could, and made it through the doors, Relief washed over me. I'd made it! I hovered over the fence of the house I'd mentioned earlier, but this time I began to lose altitude. The witch has disabled my levitation! I thought to myself with horror. I kept slowly descending. There was no way I'd make it over the house, Instantly I regretted not going around it. I was going to land in this back yard with no guarantee I'd be able to climb over the fences around it to get out.

Now sadly, I'm afraid this is when my morning alarm woke me up. :? But the dream, being back at that old job, reminded me of when I worked there, and when I used to share my other dreams with you all. I resolved when I had the time I'd come back and share this with you all. And let you know that if you still want them there's plenty more I've got to share, and confidence that more are on their way :D
NARFNra wrote:
airob wrote:exaclty wes, they have been bad girls, and you know what you do with bad girls. :wink:

..By a PENGUIN? :shock:
Thaugar
Anti-Air
Anti-Air

Re: Dreams!

Postby funwes » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:54 am

:D :D :D Hurray! Lucid dreaming, you say? How's that work?
Code: Select all
Mr--Clean> that moment when you put something in your mouth and you have NO idea what it is and spit it out

Code: Select all
Walker> i was innocent once
Walker> then loli came along
funwes
CO
CO

Postby Thaugar » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:09 am

There's a fair few different methods, and success varies from person to person, but for myself I've been using what's called the Wake and Back To Bed method. The core of this is waking up after 4 hours sleep, sitting awake from 30-60 mins, then going back to bed, but keeping my mind focused and awake. This lets the body fall asleep whilst the conscious mind stays alert, so you go straight into a lucid dream. It's been pretty interesting, and once i'd finished accusing it of all being BS and had some success I've been enjoying myself immensely.
NARFNra wrote:
airob wrote:exaclty wes, they have been bad girls, and you know what you do with bad girls. :wink:

Thaugar
Anti-Air
Anti-Air

Postby airob » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:03 pm

Lucid dreaming can also be dominated when you have experienced long periods of lack of sleep. While sleep deprivating, and mostly when taking "quick naps" you´re likely to experience something called sleep paralysis(google it). I used to suffer from that for sometimes three to four times a week. And while the experience is nothing enjoyable that cycle of "being awake but dont move" let´s you get used to the "asleep" state. I dont know, but it seemed to grant me the ability to lucid dream more often than not once my sleep paralysis habit was overcome.

walkerboh on PM: Also it isn't a tag game either. Were you
drunk when you made this? haha

<@FCK> I just used scissors on some ass till they bled had just now
<@FCK> *hard

<Fanboy> doood
<airob> ?
<Fanboy> r u trying to seduce me O_O

<Walker> at least fdk only fucks with me

<Mr--Clean> well theres a new country
<Mr--Clean> called bare flesh
<Walker> Sounds hot. The HQ is probably a dick
airob
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Thaugar » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:48 am

Yeah, I've experienced SP three times since starting, but sadly I'm terrible at napping, so I've just been using this other method so far. (or at least, so far, the only one with success)
NARFNra wrote:

Thaugar
Anti-Air
Anti-Air

Return to General Chat