AWBW/FEBW Forum
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Any Chance on Actual Game Updates?

This forum is for serious discussion on anything

Moderator: Forum Mods

Any Chance on Actual Game Updates?

Postby Howdy_McGee » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:00 pm

This thing is pretty clunky and outdated. Any chance on updating the actual game? Making it more fluid and removing bugs? I kind of with this thing was on git or was open source so anyone could contribute to it's progress.
Howdy_McGee
Infantry
Infantry

Re: Any Chance on Actual Game Updates?

Postby Walker » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:16 pm

There is probably little to no chance. The dev team at AWBW is basically nonexistent and I don't think there are any plans on changing that. I think at this point AWBW is what you make it. There are, however, a lot of people running around with various projects making similar games -- dunno how much progress any are making but you might check around!
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby BullGooseAnon » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:16 am

Bro, the game's dead, the forum's dead, and the user base is dead. Even if the game did get a bad ass update the site would still be done - it was bad ass til we all grew up, and went to college, jobs, etc.

TLDR: You're about 5+ years too late - sorry bro... =/
"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root."
Henry David Thoreau
BullGooseAnon
Infantry
Infantry

Postby Mori » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:33 am

Yeah, the site could use some updates, but nah, it's not dead. I've worked with games with much smaller communities. I'm still running around a hundred or so M. Games, and I just started up another half dozen or so a few minutes ago. I actually plan on doing a small but cool update in the almost immediate future, although I want to make sure a few key people are okay with it first. I think that's one of the main things that slows us down, it's not the easiest to pass information down the line with so many busy people.

But yeah, to address the original point, the game is clunky. There's a bunch of people, including myself and theether, that are working on very similar games with somewhat more fluid interfaces. I won't self plug my stuff here, but we post updates occasionally in Customization. Most of the time, posting constant updates would build up pointless hype for a game that is still a while off, hence why we don't post much, but it is still being worked on quite regularly.
Mori
Tank
Tank

Postby JakeSamiRulz » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:40 pm

Hmmm, what's your progress there, Mori? With that Mugen thing, it almost seemed like theether and you have split off to do separate games... :roll:

Regardless, Mori is right. This place doesn't seem as active as it used to be due to the fact that people just got a lot more busy. I think the major stabbing wound is the lack of a new game made by IS to draw in a new batch of players. This waterfront is becoming stagnant with dead fish and oil bottles.

At the same time, stuff is being worked on to remedy this, but you just have to be patient and know where to look. But, just like Mori, I believe in the less-is-more update strategy. I just hope that there is still a community left to enjoy it when these games do come out...
JakeSamiRulz
Infantry
Infantry

Postby Mori » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:55 pm

There's always a community, you just have to know where to look. Also, I'm working on a ton of stuff at once, AHC is just one of them.
Mori
Tank
Tank

Postby Sulla1982ad » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:58 am

The community killed itself or so it seems.
Sulla1982ad
Infantry
Infantry

Postby babaGAReeb » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:59 am

Greetings
Decepticons, transform and rise up!
babaGAReeb
Infantry
Infantry

Postby Walker » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:47 pm